Anyone Got A Blockweight For Sale In The Uk?

Beev

Hey Folks.

Does anyone have a Block weight for sale in the UK?

I tried to look for a fixed weight dumbbell, round or hex, but had no luck finding one on eBay, and cant find a cheap UK retailer. Plus I dont really want to buy a brand new dumbbell set just to cut the end off one of them. So does anyone have a blockweight that they can spare for a reasonable price?

Im more than happy to pay shipping too! If youve read my other threads, you will notice I am a beginner to grip training, so I was thinking maybe a 25-30lb block!

I currently own a RB70, and am working towards closing the CoC #1. Surprising I am closer to closing the #1 then I originally thought. Im gonna be joining a gym (only coz I have no space to build a home gym, except for a few tools), and hope to start the beginners section by David Horne in the FAQ on here.

Also, as well as the block weight that I can hopefully get from someone on here, im gonna get some wooden blocks to build some pinch blocks. Nothin fancy, just a couple of blocks, say a 2x2 and a 4x4, to vary the hand width, and get some short rope from hanging fromthe block to attach the weights too. Pretty much like the Close the Gap Strap, just slip knotting the rope around a plate(s). Anyone had any luck building apparatus like this?

Yours,

Beev

Based on gripper strength a steel block might be hard. What some have done is used sheet steel or sheet aluminum and wrapped it around blocks of wood with a hook underneath. Others have attached a ring or hook to a section of heavy steel tube.

i might be interested in some block weights as well, i can just about close a 1.5, not very impressive i know. ive had a year off all training and i think my all round strength has dropped considerably. and am hoping to build it all back up.

I've built a pinch block out of a 10x12cm piece of wood. Just screwed an eye bolt to the bottom, works fine. Also built a hub out of wood. Both of these just don't allow for cleans etc.

I use a decking joist about 2" across. I used to tie a rope round the weights via a hole drilled in the middle. Now that I have a loading pin I just loop some chain over the top and clip it onto the pin, which is a lot more convenient.

paving slabs, bricks + stones make good pinch blocks. i also use a piece of 4x2" timber + an old large padlock. weight is attached to either with thin rope.

Ive just checked his site and he has removed them, hes taken a few things off for whatever reason.As Cunny says ring him hes a nice guy and im sure he will make some for you