Volume Carry Over

Booyah!!!

Brad Manion's topic, Bending Marathon, started me thinking again. Just wondering if anyone has experienced Max Effort (ME) Bending gains from periodic extreme high volume bending?

Seems like it would help temper the hands, but not sure of ME gains. Any other experiences or thoughts on this?

With my limit expertise of bending, i've gone from 5" by 1/4" to 4 1/2" by 1/4" in the last few weeks, and all i've been doing is bending bending up to 20 piece's of 5 by 1/4" stock, but i also have managed to start bending DO, which as i have read places less stress into the wrists.

Edited by graeme in oz

I am by no means a great bender yet, but this is how I have bridged the gap between different levels on several occasions. As far as high volume for me it is no more than 20 bends in one session. However I may bend six or seven days straight and then take a week or so rest. I don't always go at it like that, usually I just bend a couple of times a week.

When I do my version of high volume I also concentrate on speed and explosion. I try to bend the bolt or nail faster than I ever have. Doing that will give you a great work out with easier bolts or nails.

Mike