Bbb Bolts From Home Depot

amaury

Anyone bent or calibrated bolts with BBB written on their hexagonal head?

Yersinia? :D

I have these, they are harder than the Ace Grd 2's that I have bent, and seem more difficult than the Steel Works HRS, but I don't know any calibrations of either of those....sorry..

Since were talking about calibrations for bolts:

IS a weak g5 equal to lets say 5-5.5 inch blue?

I picked up some "g5's' and some are g2s because theyb are nothing but a couple are pretty tough and I know one is a crazy hard g5 because of the marking.

Since were talking about calibrations for bolts:

IS a weak g5 equal to lets say 5-5.5 inch blue?

I picked up some "g5's' and some are g2s because theyb are nothing but a couple are pretty tough and I know one is a crazy hard g5 because of the marking.

The easiest grade 5 I've ever calibrated would still be tougher than a 5.5" Blue, and possibly tougher than a 5".

Anyone bent or calibrated bolts with BBB written on their hexagonal head?

Yersinia? :D

:D nah i havent . gonna go out and see if i find anyone tomorow actually . but i need a couple of days rest. some pains in my arms.

are they much harder than the Carriage bolts 6" 8/16?

I bent a bunch of them when I first started bending and the BBB bolts are just like yellow nails.

GetAgrip: you mean 6" BBB are like yellow nails or 7"BBB are like yellow nails?

Their strength vary a lot within the same batch: i bent a 5.5" that felt much easier (yes MUCH easier!) than a 6" :S

I guess i will have to find graded bolts or buy nails from FBBC or Ironmind to see where i stand ;)

I have a few different types of g2 bolts and some are harder than others, but I wouldn't put a lot of effort into trying to calibrate them. The quality (repeatability) is just not there in the g2 bolts, plus they are just stepping stones to the bigger steel the you will be bending in the near future. If you are already at the g2 I think it will be impossible for you to stop, it is an addiction.

If you can stand to wait to see where you stand according to FBBC or IM standards you can save a lot of money buy killing a bunch of g2s. And then when you are ready move on to the 60d and do a bunch of volume there. You can get to the higher level stock by trainning on the cheaper stock. If you just experiment with what you can buy locally, like thicker or shorter g2 bolts. Or shorter g5 bolts or buy some bolt cutters (cheap ones) and cut some nails shorter. You can definitely get where you want to go without spending a ton of money.

Mike

GetAgrip: you mean 6" BBB are like yellow nails or 7"BBB are like yellow nails?

6" BBB felt like a yellow in strength.