A Few Questions For My 1st Trainer Coc

projectaero

Hey guys how you all going.

I live down in Australia and i just got the trainer gripper.

I have a few questions if that is all good ?

1 - The gripper after a week is squeaking is this common with the COCs' ?

2 - This is my trainer workout can i get opinions.

Stretch hands loosen fingers, 3 sets of 5, last two sets of 5 i squeeze slowly and hold for a brief second, then on the last set i hold the last rep for 10 seconds.

Is that ok ?

I do it every second day is that ok ? my hands hurt a bit today from yesterday tho, any help is appreciated cheers.

Stretch hands loosen fingers, 3 sets of 5, last two sets of 5 i squeeze slowly and hold for a brief second, then on the last set i hold the last rep for 10 seconds.

Is that ok ?

I do it every second day is that ok ? my hands hurt a bit today from yesterday tho, any help is appreciated cheers.

Nice to have you on the board mate. Its perfectly normal for the gripper to start squeaking, you'll want to give that spring a little WD40, or some other form of lubrication. I think you need to get yourself a tougher gripper, like the no.1 or no.1.5, warm up with the trainer with maybe 1 or 2 sets of 3- 5 reps, then go for max effort singles with the hard gripper, best way to gain grip strength in my opinion.

Good luck with your training.

Is that ok ?

Look here:

http://www.heavygrips.com/training/beginner.html

and

http://www.heavygrips.com/training/advanced.html

Cheers

People ask me "why do you have like 12 grippers?", and I responde: if you're gonna train benchpress with a barbell, and you ONLY have a 100lb barbell, how are you supossed to increase your power??

You need more grippers. If you can do several reps on the T and can then hold it for 10 seconds at the end of it, you should at least be able to get a #1 to parallel or maybe even closer. Invest 20 bucks on a #1, and you might even wanna get a #1.5 as well to save on shipping. Training every other day is OK I think. Training every day is a bad idea I think, although it works for some people! (Not for me!!). Rest is needed for most people I believe.

Also, grippers shouldn't be the only hand-strength training tool. Grip legend David Horne recommends doing Wrist Curls, Reverse Wrist Curls, and at least a pinch excercise as well. I would add some type of levering to that too. You need a combination of strong forearm/wrist/everything to close big grippers in the future!! Don't do just grippers. Oh, and work your extensors to avoid injury and imbalances!