Plate Pinch

viper

3 7.5kg (17lb) plates are real easy for me now, i can pick em up an walk about without a problem - im trying to get 4 of em, im just wondering if thats been done before? it probably has, just seems pretty tough

Thanks in advance for any reply

Viper

p.s i am talking of metal plates haha

I suspect that anyone who can do 6 5kg plates could possibly lift 4 of these. I have no 7.5s so i can't say it is a lift i have tried.

Just do 3 15kg plates and you are in the zone of 'never been done before'..

coc#3 - ive not tried 6 5kg plates but theres no chance id able to do it with the ones i have here (same ones as the 7.5's) as my hands are just not big enough for that..i think that would be very hard even with smaller ones though, so maybe this is as hard as i think, it seems close to impossible, but than again, thats how 3 felt a while back

dutch - i would if i could!

Edited by viper

jedd - have no idea where the lead is to upload to my comp right now, but there just smaller than 10's an bigger than 5's really

i have 8 of these - im gonna do a double deadlift sooner or later, might see if i can lift em with a bar through the middle next sesh

I think I remember having some kind of plates in between 10 lbs and 25 lbs that go on a standard bar. Never thought about pinching them. I'll have to dig them out , maybe.

viper: can you do three 10kg plates?

I love the way COC#3 says "I suposse anyone that can pinch 6 5kg plates"...... SIX 11lb plates? How many people do you think can do that?? Hehe!

I love the way COC#3 says "I suposse anyone that can pinch 6 5kg plates"...... SIX 11lb plates? How many people do you think can do that?? Hehe!

As far as know nobody did this yet. Only a few lifted 6 10lb plates.

ive not tried 3 10's, the most ive done with 10's is 2 plates for 40 reps each hand

tried 4 of the 7.5's with a bar through an still nothing, just went up at one side an tip'd over..heh

• 5 months later...

My second time to pinchlift 3*10kgs leoko plates. Those are offical plates this time. Here´s the link:

Hey the first one was an eleiko! you are cheating!

just kidding ;)

Nice!

Do you think when pinching just two plates it is (alot) easier when having a bar put through?

I suppose the grip between hand and plate to be much higher than the grip between two plates,

which would make a bar indifferent (Of course not when it comes to pinching 3 or more plates).

If you have put the bar throught the plates, it is lot easier than without. You need extra grip, when you try to keep middle plate together.But every grip variations is good for your hand and it gives you advantage to handle everything. In my opinion, it is good to train blockweight , plates with bar or plates put together with "jesustape". Hey, Leoko plates are Finnish and eleiko swedish, thats why I named it like that :)

:D 6 x 11lb plates with a bar through!

Edited by maximus1

:D been on here a while but if ya missed it here it is!

If you have put the bar throught the plates, it is lot easier than without. You need extra grip, when you try to keep middle plate together.But every grip variations is good for your hand and it gives you advantage to handle everything. In my opinion, it is good to train blockweight , plates with bar or plates put together with "jesustape". Hey, Leoko plates are Finnish and eleiko swedish, thats why I named it like that :)

The problem is I have two nice plates for pinching but they are just 10kg. So I have to add weight, by putting

a bar through and loading plates on it. (It lthen looks like a 2HP Setup)

So I wanted to know if using 2x10kg + 20kg in that way is considered as hard as lifting 2x20kg discs.

Here is a vid of my setup

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=6101

Ok. In my case, I can pinch lift almost same kind pinchapparatus 46kg`s 1. centimeter up and yestarday I got the 2*20kg´s Leoko plates up about 20 cm. 40kg´s I´ve got full deadlift position, like you. So, I think you can do 2*20kg´s someway up. Then when you fulldeadlift 45kg´s in your pinchapparatus, I think you have no problem to do 2*20kg´s fulldeadlift :) This theory fits me :) Very much depends how wide are your plates,if wider much more difficult, if narrow much easier. Here is my Leoko 2*20kg lift attempt:

Thx for the information. I'm very new to plate pinching as I never had plates without 2 rims.

Good attempt on these 2x20kg!!

• 4 weeks later...