Saw History In The Making Yesterday

bencrush

On webcam Kelly closed the #1 yesterday! :blink I am positive that I saw the handles closed when she raised it up to the webcam. And my connection is slow and choppy, so for it to appear closed, it must have been held for a beat or 2. She HAS to be the youngest female to ever close the #1. Most of the grown and strong women I know can't close the #1. Heck, there are guys on here that are probably struggling to close the #1. Shocking news.

Congrats again to Kelly!

Off topic: She's also a superb bender already. Form like a pro. Chip off the old John block. And just like John, she doesn't like something that stops her...she'll keep on hitting it for days it seems like. Very determined girl.

:mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher Way to go Kelli!!!

Next - let's see that 3/16" square stock go down!

CONGRATULATIONS to Kelly!!!!!!!!!! :bow:bow That's just crazy! As I said before, if she sticks with it, she'll close a #3 someday. I also look for her to take down a blue nail in 07. Looks like John is about to get a new pet :whistel

Well well done!!!

Wow!!! That is awesome!!

I just bought a #1 (I don't have a strong grip yet), and I can only close it 7 times, and I'm 5' 9" and 230 lbs!!!! My workout partner couldn't close it even once!!!

Mr. Eaton, when did your daughter begin grip training? My daughter Madison is 8 years old, is she too young?

Kelly says thanks Ben. We usually don't post about a feat unless we have video to back it up. We did not have video rolling, because it was an attempt for Ben, Gator and Wes to watch. We were surprised when she nailed it. She had been getting it to 1/16" regularly.

When she gets it good there will be video.

She says thanks to all that support her. Thanks guys more to come soon.

Wow, that's something indeed. It took me 2 months to close the #1 when I first bought it, at age 22 !!! Daaamn! =) I wish I had started that young, heh!

Does anyone else predict a #2 close this year? It's only february. When does she turn 12? John, get this girl a #1.5 !!

Kelly says thanks Ben. We usually don't post about a feat unless we have video to back it up. We did not have video rolling, because it was an attempt for Ben, Gator and Wes to watch. We were surprised when she nailed it. She had been getting it to 1/16" regularly.

When she gets it good there will be video.

She says thanks to all that support her. Thanks guys more to come soon.

Good advice.

Congratulations, Kelly! :mosher

Awesome job Kelly, Congratulations!!! :rock

Very impressive accomplishment, Kelly! Congratulations!

That little lady is some kind of special and with her new found strength and determination she will go where others girls fear to tread. We all believe in you Kelly and encourage you to follow your dreams not only in this little thing we generically call GRIP but in the LIFE you have been given to live.

YOU ROCK GIRL! I don't care who your daddy is don't let that stop you. :tongue

Very impressive!

Tell her well done John.

Wow... 11 years old and closing the #1? That's awesome!!! :bow:bow

Get her that #1.5 and see what she can do with it! :D