Decided On A New Cert Name

John Beatty

He's the very first "Bastard in Every Way" The first to cert with a Bastard or tougher steel in all three cert pages. This may be another (very short) cert page on the FBBC site. So now we'll have 5 cert pages for bending. DO, DU, Reverse, BIEW, and the overall points rankings (which I'm going to try to get started this week).

The only thing that will hold me back is I've got about 2,000 peices of bending stock to cut this week to get caught up. Biggest month ever on bending supplies - THANKS, GUYS!

At least it's warming up. I was out cutting stuff a few days ago & it was -8 degrees. Makes the hands ache a bit holding the steel.

Congrats to Booyah!!! :mosher That is some badass bending.

Thanks to John yet again for creating another cert that I'm going to try to get on. :D Try being the key word there.

Congrats Mike!!!!!! You sure are killing lots of steel......... keep it up brother!!

You're doing a great job with FBBC John, thanks for all of your hard work!!

JASON

\\m//

good to hear everything's going well at FBBC!

These days all kinds of Bastards are popping up around us- It's like a Bastard Convention! :tongue

Congrats Mike for being number one on the new official title.

4", we'll just have to do a poll, I guess. You guys keep doing stuff I never thought possible when I created this list.

I do like the "Complete & Utter bastard", but it's a little long.

1)"Incredible Bastard"

2)"Unbelieveable Bastard"

3)"Extraordinary Bastard"

4)"Marvelous Bastard"

5)"Stupendous Bastard"

6)"Inconceivable Bastard"

7)"Phenomenal Bastard"

8)"Unimagineable Bastard"

9)"Supernatural Bastard"

10)"Astounding Bastard"

I like 1,2 & 10 best.

John,

I like those names for the 4 incher too. Any would do fine.

Idea, I really like #6 and 7 for maybe just what they say. Maybe have a collectors bar of 1/2 CRS by 7 inches and give it the #7 name. Then get a 9/16 by 7 inch and give it the #6 title. Man even have it engraved on it or something like that.

I know you're thinking, why on earth do that, but why do people even now try desparately ti find a gripper than everyone agrees is impossible to close? Maybe even have the thing plated or something as a collectors piece. Or course that would break the prefix type system you have now for sizes but I don't think it would matter since these would be impossible. Best thing is it would be really easy to buy a stick of it since they're very common sizes.

Or actually maybe go: 1/2 inch with #7, 9/16 with #8, and 5/8 with #6.

Collectors bars!

Just an idea.

Tim

I'm not sure what's impossible any more though. I originally thought the Mag bar was, and now we have Insane Shiny done. I thought stainless at 5/16 was under 6". I thought the KOAB was, too. I thought the MOAB was, but people have ordered it in the last few weeks. I never even thought about carrying 3/8 stainless, until guys started asking. I just can't use impossible anymore with the guys here.

I remember thinking it was cool when we got 10 Bastards, then 20, now it's 50, and there are almost 10 Magnificent Bastards. I'm sure in another 2-3 years, we'll have the first 100 Bastards. What happens in another 20 years? 1,000 Bastards? 100 Mag Bastards? I like to think about it.

How about we just keep to bending, and you tell us when we get a new title? :tongue

Seriously, I'm almost to bastard level and I thought that was cool. Now I know a KoaB is possible? That's crazy. :mosher

Mike is about the most enthusiastic and energetic strength guy I've ever had the pleasure of lifting with. At last April's Show of Hands Grip Cup the 1/4" square stock was his best bend. Talk about progress!

Congratulations, Mike!

Awesome new cert list, John!!! :rock

Anyone like "Fantastic Bastard" for the 4" Bastard?

Awesome new cert list, John!!! :rock

Anyone like "Fantastic Bastard" for the 4" Bastard?

I like the fantastice bastard :D

Congrats Mike!! :mosher

Great job, Mike! Congrats :rock

I do like Fantastic Bastard, too.