Poundages / Ratoing For Home Depot Carriage Bolts

amaury

I resumed bending yesterday and bent a 5/16*6" and a 1/4*4" carriage bolts.

Does anyone could give me a rough estimate of the poundages?

I have the impression that the 5/16 was really harder than a 6" grade 5 but i've not bent for months so i could be completely mistaken.

Can't tell for the 1/4*4", it felt so awkward that it is hard to tell how hard (or easy) it was.

Cheers,

Amaury

Don't be so sure. If you just read something about carriage bolts then they are probably something different. Usually carriage bolts have full length threads making them much easier to bend. I noticed in the gallery that yours only have threads at the end so your's should be much harder.

Pretty sure this will be the case.

Tim

much harder than a blue . this is the only bolts i can find where i live :p

Thanks for the input Yersinia! Appreciated!

They are really nice bolts, my only concern is that the crush may not be hard enough to prepare for the grade5's and 8's ;)

=D

just bent one. damn i hate IM pads. they are pretty hard to kink. but crushdown is way 2 easy :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhkbbHua0e4 <- me bending one of them . i do it much faster now tho =p. would really be kool to have an estimated poundage on them .

Edited by Yersinia

thanx :) song was Mayhem - a view from nihil Pt 1. incase u wanna find it or something =pp

have u tried cutting a bolt down to 5" ? bent one of those yesterday. really hard with crappy cordura pads :<

Thanks for the name of the band ;)

I left my bolt cutter in France but i'll buy different lengths - i think Home depot had all the sizes. I bend with just a rag so i feel your pain lol

:D they only have crap bolts here :< . waiting for my FBBC advanced bag. wooh .

@Yersinia: Nice bend, nice video! It seems indeed to be the same bolts. The Music was cool too.

@Tfriend: Hi! do you have a picture of it?

im at school right now so i dont have my camera when i go home for spring break il post pics of my red nails bend s and of this bolt

=D

just bent one. damn i hate IM pads. they are pretty hard to kink. but crushdown is way 2 easy :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhkbbHua0e4 <- me bending one of them . i do it much faster now tho =p. would really be kool to have an estimated poundage on them .

Don't forget to mention that the ones we bend are not from Home Depot. In fact, we have no idea what brand they are, but they're made in Norway :D They're so easy it's not even fun.

They're 9/32" x 6"

hmm. thats true. :F i thought they were 8/16 :D yeye. dont really understand that measuring system anyways =D they are pretty hard when cut atleast. trying a 4" one right now . pain :<

ehm. i now know that 8/16 is pretty wrong :D ignore my stupidity ppl.

Edited by Yersinia