Hi Im New, Stuck With Grippers

only_one

whats up gp

My grip was/still is very weak. My goal is to close the 2.5. I just got CoC #1.5 and Im stuck, Ive been trying to close it with my left hand for like 2 weeks now. I can close it with my right, just barely though. With the left im like 1-2mm from closing it so its really frustrating. Im very new to grip training so bear with me, so what are some ways to overcome plateaus with grippers?

whats up gp

My grip was/still is very weak. My goal is to close the 2.5. I just got CoC #1.5 and Im stuck, Ive been trying to close it with my left hand for like 2 weeks now. I can close it with my right, just barely though. With the left im like 1-2mm from closing it so its really frustrating. Im very new to grip training so bear with me, so what are some ways to overcome plateaus with grippers?

You can try over crushes with a lighter gripper and/or some negatives with a harder gripper.

Do negatives, close it with both hands, then try to hold it shut with just one.

negs will help but IMO they help most with the sweep, for the last little stubborn bit of a gripper overcrushes or strapholds are great, you can also bounced forced negatives I recently started doing these but they're making my #2 easier and easier each time I do it.

whats up gp

A whole two weeks and you still can't close it? :shifty

I've been trying to deadlift a 1,000 lbs. for 24 years.

Patience and the good advice on this board, you'll get there.

Goju - what are bounced forced negatives - I've heard reference to them before but can't figure out the bounce part.

negs will help but IMO they help most with the sweep, for the last little stubborn bit of a gripper overcrushes or strapholds are great, you can also bounced forced negatives I recently started doing these but they're making my #2 easier and easier each time I do it.

what are overcrusher and strapholds and bounced forced?

http://www.gripfaq.com/Hand_Grippers/

http://www.gripfaq.com/Hand_Grippers/

http://www.farmstrength.com/closing_big_grippers.htm

Since you just joined this board, I recommend you search and read through old topics, and read some workout logs/blogs of the users here.

Just to make you feel better. When I first started training I couldn't close the Trainer. Took me 4 weeks to close that! lol :blush

I closed the #1 4 months later and that was 8 months ago.

I have now finally closed the #2 (although not consistently) and am now looking forward to climbing up the mountain that is the #3. :cry

I would say that after only 2 weeks training you're doing great!

Oh...and in answer to your question you can also try strap holds with the #1 - I found that to be a great motivator since you can micro load the weight on the strap each workout and see your progress more clearly.

Just to make you feel better. When I first started training I couldn't close the Trainer. Took me 4 weeks to close that! lol :blush

I closed the #1 4 months later and that was 8 months ago.

I have now finally closed the #2 (although not consistently) and am now looking forward to climbing up the mountain that is the #3. :cry

I would say that after only 2 weeks training you're doing great!

Oh...and in answer to your question you can also try strap holds with the #1 - I found that to be a great motivator since you can micro load the weight on the strap each workout and see your progress more clearly.

yeah, I'm seriously only 1mm away from closing it with my left hand, I can close it almost twice with my right hand, it just seems to slip right at the end. I skipped the #1 and went from trainer to #1.5, im starting to think that was a bad idea...but im so close, arhhhhghghg.

whats up gp

There are many ways to mix up your training. You can do higher volume workuts than you're currently doing. Or you could do lower volume workouts, maybe including negatives, in addition to what you're doing now.

But a few weeks of being stuck isn't bad at all. I've been stuck on a Hard Elite for over a year now.