Uncertified #3 closer

Griparn

I found this page on the net:captains

It's about armwrestlers that have closed COC's #2 and #3. I cant find one of these guys on Iron Minds list.

He is a well-known armwrestler from Russia and the #3 looks small in his huge hands. I dont know if he have done some training with COC's...

Is there many uncertified #3 closers???

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I am sure there are quite a few of guys that can close the #3 that either can't get a decent picture( like me) or don't care about being on the list.

That is a lame site, in the first picture shown, the #3 isn't even fully closed.  Also, they're listing people who've closed the #2?  Not that closing a #2 insn't impressive, but if you are strong enough to be a competative arm wrestler, you could probably train to close the #2 in 3 months or much less.

One interesting thing about the list is that Pavel Tsatsoline's name is on the list of #2 closers.  A question that some on this board have likely pondered.

Alan has won the world championship a few times both left and right handed at 110kg. He has beaten Cleve Dean. It could be that he is the best in the world rather than John.

Guest JoeQ1966

I have also seen the site for armwrestlers and the coc closers..It is on the heartland armwrestling site..Alan is a large and powerful guy.He did beat John Brzenc.The site for the cocs on armwrestling is pretty new.I never new of the cocs and the cerification till I got on this site..I also never really heard of alot of guys talking about the ironmind grippers..I have seen them before but until I got on this site I never new of the certification.I did alot of hand exercises when armwrestling but I never really concentrated on grippers..I did alot of upperforearm work and wrist type stuff.Brach rack curls.You do alot of exercises to make sure that you have a good grip but you also do alot of things to make sure you are able to hold a post without losing you wrist.The hand grippers in my opinion is a sports specific thing..Its like powerlifting,,the guys in powerlifting have good hand strength but there are none that can close the 3 out of the box.I see the guys on the armwrestling site that can close the 2 and I think its great..Some of the guys on the site are world champions in their sport.Cobra Rhodes who is at least a 12 time world champion is on the site closing the 2 and he usually weighs in at 160lbs.The grippers are like any other sport,to be world class which from what I have been seeing is closing the 3 takes real dedication.I think that its good that other sport are taking interest in the grippers..It can only help.The more interest the more beneficial it will be for everyone.

Joe

Arm wrestling undoubtedly works the hand grip wrist and forearm very thoroughly and seems a natural sport for people who like to train grip. I gave it up about 4 years ago as it became to painful on the elbow once I reached around 50. As a younger man I was always looking for a match in bars and places.

Guest CanadaCrush

Alan is a great "young" puller. With a huge hand (as seen in the pictures) and immense power, he was able to take down John Brzenk in the Golden Bear '98 finals. Although this was after John had pulled hard the day prior, beating John at any time is an accomplishment. Just ask Luke Reimer about it, he's done it.

I know of several uncertified #3 closers, which seemingly have no desire to be certified.

-Mark

There may be more uncertifieds than certifieds, but only

the latter, as the years gather moss, will be able to claim

authenticity.

Around the former, legends will grow, as will a sense of

question.

On the other hand, some of the absolutely silly situations

that have delayed some certifications may have caused

some people to simply avoid the mess.

I know of one young man whose certification process, even

though extremely credible witnesses verified his multiple

closings, was delayed inordinately, until the white smoke came from the voting chamber.

Does anyone here know how to be included on the Heartland Armwrestling page as a certified #2 closer?  Yes, I know it's lame, but I'm still interested.   :)

Guest DavidHW

I think as you approach the No. 3, consistency (at least for me) becomes an issue. I've closed the No. 3 twice, in one session, over one month ago, but I haven't been able to replicate it. Part of that is that I've added wrist rolling to my workout, and heavy one-handed deadlifts, so my hands are tired more often, but the bottom line is that I've got to be able to close the No. 3 as easily as I do my No. 2 before I call Ironmind -- I'm not going to waste some poor guy's time and embarrass myself by missing a No. 3 close. I liken it to the first time you bench press 400. You've done it, but you're not going to be able to do it at will for several months after the hurdle is first cleared.

But I do intend to get certified, believe me.

David