Carry Over Between Holds And Crush?

Maus

I'm trying to close the IM 2, are about 5 mm of closing it and can´t yet do timed holds with it.

Also doing some one hand barbell holds with an ez bar, can hold about 95 kg for 15/20 sec at the moment. Was wondering if there is an estimate of a weight I have to attain with holding to close the 2,

maybe some guys doing the same exercises that could give some estimate.

Holding weight on a barbell does not necessarily pass over onto closing that last little 5mm on the coc in my opinion.

When you hold onto a barbell you are using a supporting grip whereas on the grippers you are using a crushing grip.

The best thing I found to in closing that last little bit on the no.2 is to concentrate on strap holds on a weaker gripper and negatives on a stronger gripper - which focuses more on your crushing power.

By the way if you are doing barbell holds try and do this with a thick bar - 2 inches is ideal.

read the article, interesting stuff :). I think the first thing I have to work on is to be able to hold the No.2 shut. yesterday I tried this for the first time, and it immediatly opened to about 3 mm. I like the part working on the close first and then the sweep. I'm currently doing this with my 1 at the moment to do no set closes at higher volume.

thickbar seems also nice, maybe I'll try to build something to attach to a regular barbell.

Edited by Maus

Pak een steiger pijp, wat klemmen of tape erop, en hoppa, je thickbar.

Haal een pvc pijp, stuk afzagen tot de lengte van een dumbell, tape erop voor de collars, en klaar.

Edited by DuTCH

Pak een steiger pijp, wat klemmen of tape erop, en hoppa, je thickbar.

Haal een pvc pijp, stuk afzagen tot de lengte van een dumbell, tape erop voor de collars, en klaar.

English?

haha =D i sorta understand that. but not enough to make sense :(

Ok , sorry guys

I just said he should get a piece of pipe, but some chokers on and he has an axe.

And, he should get a pvc pipe, cut it to desired dumbell sized length, and put some tape and chokers on it, and he has a 2" dumbell.

:D