Red Nail Cert Attempt

acorn

Hey guys just wanted to give the heads up that I signed up for the Red Cert and I am gonna do it on Sat, Febuary 17 at the FitExpo in California. I'm gonna do it after attempting the GNC grip Gauntlet and Wade Gillingham is gonna witness. Strossen put up a news post on ironmind opening it up to anyone who wants to cert on a red, #3 or #4. Hope to see a bunch of you guys there.

Ironmind News

- Aaron

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• gazza

• GetAGrip87

• Cannon

Good news Aaron! You'll kill that thing...but hold back a little for it. After the Grip Gauntlet it might be a bit difficult. Can you do it BEFORE the GG?

You will easily bend it, Aaron! I have a question, when I went to the IM page and look at the rules, it makes no mention of "how far" the nail needs to be bent? It just says bent into a U. It doesnt need to be under 2" from end to end?

You will easily bend it, Aaron! I have a question, when I went to the IM page and look at the rules, it makes no mention of "how far" the nail needs to be bent? It just says bent into a U. It doesnt need to be under 2" from end to end?

Thanks Guys I hope it goes down easy. I'm sure it would need to be under 2" but not sure of an exact measurement. I think a perfect U with a red is around 1" between the ends.

- Aaron

Aaron, you should blow the doctor's mind after your cert, and do a 5.5 incher for him. :D

Aaron, you should blow the doctor's mind after your cert, and do a 5.5 incher for him. :D

If the cert reds are the same nasty hard steel as what I've been training with I would rather do some 3/8 in IM pads than a 5.5 in them. But if it is not too bad I might consider it. :whistel

- Aaron

If the cert reds are the same nasty hard steel as what I've been training with I would rather do some 3/8 in IM pads than a 5.5 in them. But if it is not too bad I might consider it. :whistel

- Aaron

Will you be giving the CoC3 cert a try?

- Aaron

Will you be giving the CoC3 cert a try?

Maybe, but my expectations are really low on getting it as I haven't trained CCS at all and I'm pretty weak out past parallel set. I think my best ever CCS was my BBSM so it would be a pretty big stretch to get a new #3 out of the package closed like that. I was not expecting to try for it any time soon, and it just happened by coincidence that I was gonna be in southern cal the weekend of the FitExpo.

- Aaron

You'll smoke that RED! :rock

Don't worry bout the CC, the added pressure will boost your adrenaline and you'll crush it like a cookie! :cool

You'll smoke that RED! :rock

Don't worry bout the CC, the added pressure will boost your adrenaline and you'll crush it like a cookie! :cool

mmmmm coookie

- Aaron

I was not expecting to try for it any time soon, and it just happened by coincidence that I was gonna be in southern cal the weekend of the FitExpo.

- Aaron

Wow, that's lucky, but you won't need luck on the Red!!!

Smoke it Aaron!!! :rock

Good luck. Get crazy mad and destroy it!

I know you will do it :rock

Aaron, what will you bend after the 10 seconds you need for da Red?! ;):D

Good luck and have fun!

T

LOL, I'm actually trying to decide on what to bend after I'm done with the reds. Possibly a huge shiny or some big calibrated 3/8 to make the reds feel weak.

- Aaron