Grip Assault At T P S In Massachusetts

Jedd Johnson

I got a voice mail from Dave Memont at TPS and he said that mine was like the only application that had come in and I was wondering if anyone else was going to sign up.

Dave's contest are always a treat, and they move quick. Be a real good way for someone new to grip contest to get some experience of how they flow.

Go to DieselCrew.com and click on the Grip Assault banner to learn more about the contest and get the application. There is also a Grip Assault thread here in the contests section.

-Jedd-

Bruno did very well in 2005. He then sent me a video of MMA footage and dropped off the face of the planet!

It'll be good to see him again.

Ross, can't wait dude.

-Jedd-

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there although I'm not expecting much of myself this time around, I haven't been able to do any grip training since last year but I'm going to be getting on with it RIGHT NOW. Heck, just seeing all the guys will be worth the trip!

Anybody else?

-Jedd-

My father is going to do it. He dosnt lift weights but he is naturaly strong. Should be interesting to see the weights he hits.

Yes. I know a couple dudes around here I wish would compete - they are brutes.

Anybody else?

-Jedd-

Hi Jedd Brendan here I will be attending,first time meeting all of you will be a pleasure.?is the Ironmind hub that will be used

3inches od.

Awesome dude. Thanks for logging on.

It is the iron mind hub.

Thanks Ross The only reason I was wondering about the hub was I have two different size hubs from American Fittness in Norwell and they are not labled.I did not know if the Ironmind hub is 3inches OD or 2 1/4 inches OD for those are the sizes

I have and wanted to know witch to train on.

Just sent in my entry form and fee (I know I'm late, sorry) still not even close to getting my grip on but there's no way I'm going to miss this event.

I'm going to try and bring cookies again this year since the Diesel Crew missed out on them last year. It may not matter anyway if Dave gets his hands on them, if I recall they disappeared pretty quickly after that.

How's everybody's training for the rolling thunder timed hold coming along?

I have been doing chins from two rolling thunders.I weigh 198lbs and can pull off 22chins in 5 sets before training in this fashion

I could pull 160 right and 140 left in deadlift form.I wonder how they will weigh us down to counter just hanging on the thunders

a weight vest maybe or someone pushing down on shoulders?

Could only do 1 hand at a time, first time I've done any Rolling Thunder work in a year. Got 160 lbs in the right and 140 lbs with the left, both for about 30 seconds, I'll continue but MAN I've lost a LOT of grip strength.

Don't worry about it - you'll be fine dude.