DATE

Saturday, April 7th, 2007

TIME

Noon

PLACE

My garage in Ft. Worth, Texas

Event Rules in Order of Performance

TWO HAND PLATE PINCH

A standard Euro plate pinch apparatus will be used. Grasp the plates and lift until the 2" loading bar hits a rod posted 16.5" above the floor. The hands shall be no greater than 3" apart.

FREESTYLE BENDING

Use any style of unbraced bending you prefer to bend the highest calibrated piece of 7" steel, according to Gripboard rules. The only exception to the Gripboard rules is the allowance of 5 minutes per bend.

REVERSE GRIP BENDING

Use a reverse grip to bend the highest calibrated piece of 6" steel to 40 degrees within 30 seconds.

DOUBLE OVERHAND 2" BARBELL DEADLIFT

Using conventional powerlifting rules, deadlift the bar with a double overhand grip.

100 POUND PLATE RIM LIFT

Clear the floor with a 100 pound plate in each hand and hold it for the longest period of time. The clock stops when one of the plates contacts the floor. The fingers will contact the lip of the plates, while the thumbs will contact the smooth side of the plates.

SCORING

A points system will be used. The winner of each event will be awarded 100 points. The non-winning lifts will be divided by the winnng lift and then multiplied by 100. The exception is the 100 pound plate rim lift, for which each contestant who clears the floor will be given 50 points. The winner of this event will also be given an additional 50 points. The non-winning times will then be divided by the winning time and multiplied by 50 to determine the additional points. The total of all points awarded for the five events will determine the final ranking of lifters.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Three attempts will be allowed per event, except for the 100 pound plate pinch, in which case only one attempt will be given. The rounds system will be used to determine the order of lifting. A missed attempt may be repeated, but a drop in the weight of an attempt will not be allowed.

Those driving in from out of town may compete for free. Those living within the DFW area please pay a $10 entrance fee, payable at the contest.

Trophies will be awarded for first through third place.

Here's what I have so far for bending stock:

6"

- galvanized spiral nail = 210

- shiny 60D = 265

- galvanized 60D = 315

- 1/4" hexagonal = 355

- "JH" grade 5 = 400

- 5/16" Steel Works hrs = 430

- grade 8 = 460

- FBBC 1/4 x 6" square = 495

7"

- 1/4" 1018 crs = 240

- 5/16" Steel Works hrs = 345

- new Bastard = 385

- old Bastard = 440

- Hexabastard =485

- Shiny Bastard = 545

- 5/16" grade 5 = 565

- 3/8" Steel Works crs = 590

- 3/8" Steel Works crs = 615

- King of All Bastards = 660

As you can see, we have several gaps to fill with our steel selection.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• bencrush

• com202

• dubthewonderscot

Good Eric!

For the last event, is it more like a rim lift than a pinch?

Yeh, I guess it would be. But your thumb does oppose your fingers.

Very cool events!!

You guys are going to have a blast :mosher

I wasn't trying to be an over-technical geek there, but the two lifts have a distinctly different feel and style to them. The thumb doesn't really seem to contribute to the rim lift much.

Enough of that crap, great event and great lineup Eric!

Those are some (most) of my favorite contest events - I sure wish I lived closer!!!

I wasn't trying to be an over-technical geek there, but the two lifts have a distinctly different feel and style to them. The thumb doesn't really seem to contribute to the rim lift much.

Enough of that crap, great event and great lineup Eric!

Actually, I'm glad you said something, Bob. I've changed the name of the event so we geeks don't get confused.

Hey ya'll, let's use this thread as a sign up sheet, just so I'll have an idea of how many gripsters to expect. So far we have:

1) Mike Hadland

2) Eric Milfeld

3) Jason Williams

4) Russell Hadland

5) Robert Alva (lone Wolf)

I'm still planning on showing up Eric. Although I will say that if my shoulder is terrible then (I imagine it will be healed though) I won't tempt myself by showing up. Because you and I both know that I won't be able to stop myself from DO bending if I see other people doing it. :whistel

I'm still planning on showing up Eric. Although I will say that if my shoulder is terrible then (I imagine it will be healed though) I won't tempt myself by showing up. Because you and I both know that I won't be able to stop myself from DO bending if I see other people doing it. :whistel

I understand your predicament. There's only one solution - get better! :tongue

:D Ben, Very Happy about you getting better and being part of the SOHGC :D Edited by Booyah!!!

Hey Eric, looking forward to making an appearance at the SoHGC2 :rock !!!!!!

Outasight!

This is probably an easy question. To settle ties on the bending, I am assuming that stock will be cut down in increments of 1/4" or 1/2", right? I do understand the idea of bending the hardest stock you can, and that a bend of a Shiny Bastard (for instance) beats an Insane Bastard.

This is probably an easy question. To settle ties on the bending, I am assuming that stock will be cut down in increments of 1/4" or 1/2", right? I do understand the idea of bending the hardest stock you can, and that a bend of a Shiny Bastard (for instance) beats an Insane Bastard.

We have only three attempts, but I would consider four if a small turnout allows for the extra time involved. But, are you suggesting a tie breaker to be used after all of the alloted attempts have been made? Something that wouldn't be included in the official results, but that could demonstrate who is the best bender? Or maybe the tie breaker would be part of the official results? If we do choose to use a tie breaker format, I think a 1/4" increment would be fine, since all the stock will be calibrated.

I was thinking a tie breaker for the official results.

Yeh, we can do that.

We're up to six competitors now, with Robert Alva from California joining us.

Eric,

Count me in, any word from Mike Potts?

Eric,

It'll be good to finally meet you Weldon, and same to you Robert!

Eric,

Dub, great news! Will you be training for this event? :tongue Ouch, I know that hurt! :laugh

Mike stated a while back that he might make it, but I haven't heard from him since. He always provides for good entertainment.

Does getting up thrice nightly to change diapers on my new daughter count? If so, I'll be champion hands down! lol

Oh wait, show of hands, not show of poop. Dang, we'll just have to see how I make out. Working with blobs and axle right now. Bending will be a later cycle, don't care to peak too soon.

W

Does getting up thrice nightly to change diapers on my new daughter count? If so, I'll be champion hands down! lol

Oh wait, show of hands, not show of poop. Dang, we'll just have to see how I make out. Working with blobs and axle right now. Bending will be a later cycle, don't care to peak too soon.

W

:laugh

Check it out, guys. I arrived home to a FBBC goodies box tonight. We have a big stack of Strong magazines, several different t-shirts, and a very handsome Robert Baraban N-240 chrome gripper to be awarded / given away at the contest!

Thanks very much, John, for the unsolicited sponsorhip!

Fat Bastard Barbell has to be about the most generous and customer friendly small business around. :rock