Odd Question

dansweeney

I had a blob made, and it looks really nice. The sad part is its polished steel like a ball bearing and seems impossible to get any grip on it. Does anyone know what I can do to "tacky" it up a bit? Its not huge, 3" across the top and 2" down the slopes, but at 41 pounds and slippery, it may just become the worlds largest paperweight!

maybe you treat it with a light hammer to get some structure to the steel

Thanks for all the replies! I think I may try the sandpaper route for now, and try other methods after that! A friend made it for me, so it was free.

I posted a pic of it in my gallery

Edited by dansweeney

Your blob is very nice! I would not want to permanently mar the surface of it and take away the pristine look of it. If this piece were mine, I would put a few strips of skateboard tape on the sides to enable training with it. You now can then train on it untill you develop the strength to remove the tape and lift it in it`s pristine, smooth condition. It really is too nice to muck up the surface :(

Thanks for all the replies! I think I may try the sandpaper route for now, and try other methods after that! A friend made it for me, so it was free.

I posted a pic of it in my gallery

SWEET..that thing is a beauty.

USE WINDEX WINDOW CLEANER ON YOUR HANDS AND BLOB YOU CAN GRIP IT THEN IF THAT DOSEN'T WORK WALLMART SELLS CHALKBOARD PAINT GOOD LUCK

I had a blob made, and it looks really nice. The sad part is its polished steel like a ball bearing and seems impossible to get any grip on it. Does anyone know what I can do to "tacky" it up a bit? Its not huge, 3" across the top and 2" down the slopes, but at 41 pounds and slippery, it may just become the worlds largest paperweight!

Can you pinch it and deadlift it with two hands? If so, you need to get stronger. Just leave it the way it is and lift the blob with two hands and attempt to lower it with one. Gradually release the assisting hand more and more, until you are able to just use one hand. If you train with this super slippery blob, just think of how easy the real blob will be for you! :)

Not trying to hijack this post but while we are on the subject has anyone had the chance to try blob and PDA Blobbett (shot loadable)?

If so how does the surface texture of the Blobbett compare?

Not trying to hijack this post but while we are on the subject has anyone had the chance to try blob and PDA Blobbett (shot loadable)?

If so how does the surface texture of the Blobbett compare?

Walter - the surface of blobs varies just like everything else - your Blobette actually has pretty nice texture, better than many Yorks, not as good as some others. For me at least - when I could do about 45 or 46# on the PDA Blobette you have, I did Doc's York Blob - his was the first actual one I ever tried. On the really slick ones. I like clean hands better than chalk.

Right from the horses mouth thanks Chris and I am glad to hear that because even though I haven't been training on it much at all I have managed about 40 pounds so far (39 pounds 13 ounces - by the post office scale). I am going to lift it a 50 pounder one day depsite my 7" paws.

Again Thanks For The Fast Response My Friend.

Just leave it outside and let it rust i had 2 made jim wylie has one maxwell has the loadable one i used to polish them up every now and then but they became unliftable then :D just let em rust a little and apply chalk.

:laugh its a slippy sucker when polished,but yeh the leave to rust route is prob best!