Top 10 Do Axle Dls

Matt Brouse

What are the best (top 10 or so) double overhand deadlifts on the axle? I know Odd has pulled like 100,000 or so but what are some numbers other folks are handling?

Thanks y'all.

It hasn't been in many contests that I know of so it will probably come down to gym lifts.

Germany's T3:

1.) Martin Ressel 170,0 Kg

2.) Alexander Geitner 167,5 Kg

3.) Udo Krause 160,0 Kg

Next comp with axle in is the MGCIII in May. Lets see which numbers come up there......

Cheers

Thorsten

Edited by moser1972

170kg? That's like 375 pounds...correct? Impressive, but there has to some bigger numbers than that out there...anyone?

Top 5 in US competition:

DOUBLE OVERHAND AXLE DEADLIFT

1. 454, Odd Haugen, California Iron Grip 2006

2. 400, Jeff Bissonette

3. 390, Ryan Klein, MGI 2006

4. 375, Dave Thorton, MGI 2006

5. 365, Brian Admunsen MGI 2006

I think. Could be some errors there.

Matt Graham did 500 or so, but used a hook grip.

Top 5 in US competition:

DOUBLE OVERHAND AXLE DEADLIFT

1. 454, Odd Haugen, California Iron Grip 2006

2. 400, Jeff Bissonette

3. 390, Ryan Klein, MGI 2006

4. 375, Dave Thorton, MGI 2006

5. 365, Brian Admunsen MGI 2006

I think. Could be some errors there.

Matt Graham did 500 or so, but used a hook grip.

:whacked

Well Matt it looks like you are sitting pretty well. Yesterday he casually pulled 375 on the axle. Looks like we need to find a contest.

Well Matt it looks like you are sitting pretty well. Yesterday he casually pulled 375 on the axle. Looks like we need to find a contest.

You guys should compete...there are a lot of contest in 2007. Those are some good numbers(both of you) :mosher

Be sure it's an actual 2" bar like the IM Axle is - a lot of the lifts I hear about are done on 1 1/2" pipe which is actually 1.9". That's good for at least 10 - 15# for me.

And somehow "hook" gripping an Axle is just wrong! :whacked

Nice job Matt!

Yeah, I just figured I'd keep it quiet until I hit some better numbers.

Me and Sixlitre are pulling on IM's AA.

I can hook on the axle just over the finger nail of my thumb, but that is slick so once you start pulling it is gone for the most part, not really worth it. Being able to hook an axle and furthermore being able to use that hook require some big mitts man...

You guys should compete...there are a lot of contest in 2007. Those are some good numbers(both of you) :mosher

It would definately be nice to compete, but living in ND it is atleast a half a days drive (usually longer) to any of the ones I have looked at, and on a college students budget it is a little hard to pull off. However we were lucky enough to head down to Jackals a couple of months ago, and Wade was nice enough to hang out with us and let us play around in the gym. Anyways, we have been kicking around the idea of holding a contest sometime this year (maybe in conjunction with a strongman contest), but haven't made up our minds yet.

I was figuring that 400+ is considered world class and would probably put you in the top 10,...for now.

Rock!!!

I seem to remember Matt Graham pulling 550 just above his knees... Sickness. I imagine Chris James is up around there nowadays?

Be sure it's an actual 2" bar like the IM Axle is - a lot of the lifts I hear about are done on 1 1/2" pipe which is actually 1.9". That's good for at least 10 - 15# for me.

And somehow "hook" gripping an Axle is just wrong! :whacked

Nice job Matt!

Well I pulled 370# at Atomic's Picnic the night before and Brian "the world's strongest cheif"Pulled 380 that was on the black daimond bar thats knurled though that makes a big difference to. What are your numbers Chris I know their higher than mine.