Joe kinney video

whitleyd

i'm thinkning of  buying Mr. Kinney's video. i know some of you guys have it & am wondering if it is more educational or entertaining? i mean to say, is there much training info that most of us dont already know about? or is it more of a demo of Mr. Kinney's strength?

I do believe most people won't get the information needed out of it to make it useful to them (excluding one person).  IMO, Joe should have gone into more detail and the details make our break the fundamental training principles that he used.  It wasn't until I talked to him on the phone and tried this and that that it became clearer for me. Maybe I am just slow though! :)

I also wish he went into a REAL workout.  Why doesn't anyone who does a tape really do that?  At least it's the minority. A FULL BLOWN workout!  None of this just demoing of exercises!  Let's see some UUUGGGE weights, sweat, etc. Then you can see pace, intensity, etc. etc.

Yes, Wannagrip, why don't YOU do such a tape?

Perhaps a montage of several days workouts using

your current techniques?

You sit around idle most of the time anyway, right?

Seriously, you have a good idea, so maybe one of the

advanced grippers on the board here will run with it.

The tape is good-not only does it explain his training methods and madness, but it also shows some incredible footage of Kinney doing what Kinney does best-crushing stuff :crazy !  If you are into incredible grip, and dont mind poor sound and quality and home video shot footage, or cats for that matter, then the video is a must buy.

Maybe the reason many videos dont show actual workouts is the fact that the real thing is a bit scary.  The Westside videos do show actual training sessions if you are into that-the music on them is so freaking loud that it drowns out the swearing-many grunts of pain are heard though!  Louie yanking darn near 800 with the plates a mere 2 inches from the ground is impressive.

We all know how workouts can get scary in a hurry-most wouldnt like to see that on a tape-Atleast most normal people anyway :D  :D  :crazy

Rick Walker :hehe

I like scary. Scary workouts are really motivating.  In Halbert's video, I would have loved to see 700 pound plus board presses (total weight).

I've been kicking around an idea about BASIC grip training on video, showing some of the equipment that I have.  Is this an idea some of you might warm up to?  Hey, maybe Heath and I could do a video together!!  :)

Wannagrip may not be photogenic enough to be seen in a

video. There again maybe that could provide the scary part he talks about ! I am surprised that sybersnott is not starring

in his own videos when his enthusiasm and his love of displaying his forearms are taken into account.

Wannagrip may not be photogenic enough to be seen in a

video. There again maybe that could provide the scary part he talks about ! I am surprised that sybersnott is not starring

in his own videos when his enthusiasm and his love of displaying his forearms are taken into account.

:p  :hehe  :hehe

To enter Sir Snott's Museum, one must close a

#2 in each hand, and hold them shut during the

entire tour.

Heath, John Wood, and Wannagrip are so far the

only names in the guest register book.

I once glanced through the front window with my

face close to the glass and saw Sir himself oil painting

a smiley face on each of his forearms.

I also saw some fitness models strolling among the

exhibits, and when I challenged Sir about entrance

requirements, he simply showed me the smiley face

on his forearm and raised his eyebrows quickly as he

snuck a glance at a ladies.

Hypocrite.

Ah, Roark.... you know me too well, my friend!!  :p  :D

Question:  if I shoot a lot of raw footage, how can I get it edited to look good?  I was looking at some tripods at the mall yesterday, so it looks like my video may happen after all!!  :)