Grip Meeting Last Friday

AP

Met Dan Sweeney and a buddy of his on Friday for a bit of bending and all around grip. Dan is a great guy and was nice enough to pick me up some steel from his local supplier (cost about 1/3 of the price I normally pay for this much steel from the hardware store!) We killed some pretty good pieces of steel, I put a nice kink in a 7" hexabastard and Dan hit a big pr 5.25" blue DU - I know the G5 can't be far away for him! - and Dan's friend put down a 5.5 1/4" CR DO after only a few weeks of learning to bend. They were amazed at the tough 70D that I bent, and said they can't imagine ever being able to do that, but I give them each about 9 months or so before they can get them too.

We had a great time, tore some phonebooks, did a little spike bending, I bent one of the fat bastard new horsehoes pretty good. I overstayed my welcome a bit :tongue and made everyone do some one handed lifts on Dan's olympic bar - Dan managed 205 solid with his left and budged it a few inches with his right for a big pr. Hope you guy's hands were sore today, mine sure were! Its always great to catch a workout with people that understand what we're trying to do, always helps to bring out the prs too!

Great job guys! Always good to hear of a grip get together and some PRs being broken! How much of a kink did you get in the Hexabastard? Great job!

Dan, good work getting that short of a Blue Nail DU man! Stout bend DU. Nice one hand deadlift too.

How much of a kink did you get in the Hexabastard? Great job!

6 pennies or just under 10 degrees if I'm measuring it right. Need just a couple more degrees before I can crush one of these down.

Cool shit Jeff. I should have PM'd you, I was out at Metro Beach for a bench competition last week.

Yeah, we got to get together again some time Bob. I would like to get out to Larkins before the contest, or even up to Traverse as my wife has a friend up there too that she'd like to visit.

How much of a kink did you get in the Hexabastard? Great job!

6 pennies or just under 10 degrees if I'm measuring it right. Need just a couple more degrees before I can crush one of these down.

Nice job man. The Hex is one of the coolest looking bends around. Plus it's a great feeling to smash one of those down.

Jeff, thanks for coming down and showing us how the Big Dogs bend! Watching you kink stuff that big Reverse was nothing short of awesome! I have been talking about it to friends and family since Friday. We have to meet again soon, in fact I think there are a few guys from lower Michigan on the board. I remember someone from Royal Oak posting. Thanks for the inspiration! Watching the things that you did so easily really has me fired up for the "elusive" Grade 5.

Ben, thanks for kind words. Im still working with the stock you sent me and think that crushing down the harder stuff will push me through that Grade 5!

We have to meet again soon, in fact I think there are a few guys from lower Michigan on the board. I remember someone from Royal Oak posting.

Yeah, I know there's another Jeff that's in the area that competed in one of the Michigan Grip comps, as well as a few other lurkers out there. Next time we plan to get together we can post here and see if anybody else from eastern/southeastern Michigan, or Detroit area wants to get in on it too.

I always post about get-togethers and Larkin's on the P+B grip board. Every few months Dave Thorton and I like to get together. I was thinking maybe late February, early March.