Usps Priority Boxes

Bill Piche

Looks like the video mailers for priority are not available around here anymore. Not sure elsewhere? I will now be using a flatter about 12x12 inch box they have for priority. Hopefully, the price won't go up. It shouldn't. It's about the same weight.

Thanks to Tony for clueing me into the USPS web site and the FREE mailing of said mailing boxes! I should have some in a few weeks. :)

I can use the other boxes in the mean time.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve handed me the USPS box for opening for Chad's cert today, and it was HUGE!! I said something to the effect of, "Why couldn't he have sent it in a smaller box?". :) Anyhoo, I opened it up and got the gripper out, no probs....

• 2 weeks later...

Feb. 25 - an update: I sent off a gripper via Priority Mail and they had the small boxes... the clerk at the window called them "video box" - you can get them there if they have them OR just go to the website, they are the 0-1096-SMALL box.

The clerk told me that the flaps weren't sealing completely and people were bringing them back -- a lot of them came open, so he taped the one I was sending off for good measure and suggested to me that in the future I do that too. :)

I got a boatload of these sent to me for free. Just register at the USPS site. Also, it is a requirement for the MM certs that these boxes be TAPED. Otherwise, they WILL pop open.

Those are the last time I use those HUGE boxes. :upsidedwn

I was looking at the USPS site and they only list two flat-rate boxes. The shoe box one looks to small to ship blobs...did they start restricting the boxes?

A blob will fit in the shoebox one. John sent me one recently in one. Just make sure to add extra tape on the outside as it will be pretty beat up when it reaches its destination.

- Aaron