Need Some Tips

Yersinia

i've just started challenging my friends with random armwrestling matches. and the only thing im good at is "not losing" :p i cant move their arm at all . only when its on "my side" then i can go all the way down and force them up again.

i was wondering if anyone knew some good things i could do with dumbells\sledge to gain sweepstrength or whatever its called.

I am not an expert but I say train heavy wrist curls. 3*5 sets. AND 3 sets of 10 reps (of course the reps are your max). Parallel grip machine can help. Try some bi and tri. This might help you with a hook grip method.

Train side pressure. Place a pulley with cable and handle at a angle away from you and start pulling. Just as if you were armwrestling. Train from the starting position and pull the handle down to the winning position.

When I think about training sidepressure I'm afraid of hurting myself, cause I think the pressure on the upper arm bone could be dangerous. What do you think, Bob? How big is the risk of injury? Or could you injure yourself in the "dangerous position" (arm behind shoulder) only?

Florian,

You are correct. This can hurt you very easily if you go to heavy. I suggest you start off very light. Something you can do 50 times. Then slowly reduce the reps and increase the weight. BUT pay very close attention to your elbow. If you feel pain in your elbow go back to a lighter weight. NEVER increase your weight unless you have NO pain in your elbow.

Thanks for your advice, Bob!

I've been doing wall hooks that I read in an articles by one of the Holle brothers. You basically do a hook, but against the door jam or whatever. I don't armwrestle that much, but now I destroy the guys at work...not that they were too good anyway.

I've been doing wall hooks that I read in an articles by one of the Holle brothers. You basically do a hook, but against the door jam or whatever. I don't armwrestle that much, but now I destroy the guys at work...not that they were too good anyway.

hah. thats a great tip. gonna do that alot :D

Florian,

You are correct. This can hurt you very easily if you go to heavy. I suggest you start off very light. Something you can do 50 times. Then slowly reduce the reps and increase the weight. BUT pay very close attention to your elbow. If you feel pain in your elbow go back to a lighter weight. NEVER increase your weight unless you have NO pain in your elbow.

At first warm up 2 set:

http://www.armpower.net/trening_upload/200...68_9%20copy.jpg

then workout:

http://www.armpower.net/trening_upload/200...4_15%20copy.jpg

and no pain in your elbow