Need help with the 3

willardjamessloan

:)hi guys I am getting a little nervous. My progress is slowing to a crawl, I am gripping 2x a week 1 straphold w/o, 1 neg only w/o. I once benched 5x a week for 6 weeks and  my bench went up 45 pounds should I try to grip every day. I see it works great for some of you. Thanks alot

should I try to grip every day.

YES, IMHO it's the best way to go

Guest NathanHolle

Willard, I would really recommend you train everyday. Since me an my brothers began training this way, we started making some progress. Find a volume yours hands can handle ( 6-10 a day is fine for me)  i'd would only stop for torn skin or injury. I hope this helps, good luck.

Nathan

BEARCAT and NATHAN thanks for the info a few quick questions. what is imho, and gripping 6-10 times a day would that be partial closes with the 3 or reps with the 2 or straphols. ON A GOOD DAY I CAN CLOSE THE 2 FOR 12- 15 REPS, WHAT WOULD A SAMPLE ROUTIONE LOOK LIKE, I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A GOOD SHOT AT THE 3 BY EARLY NEXT YEAR, THANKS GUYS :)

If you can close a #2 for that many reps, see if you can get a BBM.  That will help you gap that bridge between the #2 and the #3.  Concentrate on negatives and overcrushes.

snott, I HAVE A BBM ITS ONLY A HAIR HARDER THAN MY 2,HOWEVER MY QUESTION IS DO I JUST TRY TO CLOSE THE 3 SIX TO TEN TIMES A DAY PER NATHANS SUGGESTION OR DO I USE THE 2 OR BBM FOR 10 SINGLES PER DAY THAT WOULD BE 70 REPS PER WEEK MUCH MORE VOLUME THAN I DO NOW.ITS STRANGE HOW IT FEELS WITHOUT ANY WARMUP. I CAN NOT IMAGINE PUTTING 425 ON THE BAR AND TRYING TO BENCH IT WITHOUT A WARMUP  :)

Do the negatives and overcrushes with the BBM.  Are you "cheat shutting" your #3??  You may even try that.  Hold off on doing a lot of reps with the grippers.  Practice for the crush!!  :)