G8 Bend

dunkster

Haven't done any bending in a few weeks, since I got my G5 actually, as I have been working on the events for the Iron Grip comp. But after a successful gripper session I thought I would just have a go on it as I was feeling lucky. Didn't do any warm up bends and didn't video the wrap as I though I had no chance of getting it, but being in bed with a shitter of a cold the last couple of days must have improved my luck.

Nice job man! :rock

You got some big arms on ya!

Solid PR bend Dunkster - KEEP UP THE MOMENTUM

Dunkster, there's nothing better than fighting tooth and nail with a tough bolt and somehow coming out victorious. Congratulations! You need to cross that one off your list now. ;)

A G8 is a very strong bend. Keep it up :rock

I'm gonna go for some 7" 5/16 crs next. I bought a couple of meter lengths and have been giving them intimidating looks for a few weeks just to let them know who's boss in advance :devil The thing I have struggled with before on the 7" stock is the starting hand position. Even though I had watched a number of videos lately I seemed to be studying the body position but this week watching Gazza's amazing bends I saw where I was going wrong. My hands were starting knuckles facing the floor which prevented me getting any starting leverage. But I notice that all you accomplished benders get the steel in a much better position with knuckles practically facing each other, when you begin. That is how I tried it last night and to my surprise first hit it moved! :ohmy Before I go for the 5/16 stock I'll get the technique down on some 1/4 square. No matter how hard I try and leave the bending for the sake of my other training, it don't half give you a mad buzz getting a PR bend. I would like to try some reverse style soon, as when I tried it when I first started at xmas a 60d nail didn't move! So respect to all you reverse guys, that's some serious strength you've got.

Great bend, man you fought that one to the end. Way to stick with it. :mosher

I hope to be there soon.

Mike

That's my next bend to conquer. Awesome bend. It's easy to start looking at all these stainless bends and 3/8 bends but to me a G8 is still an awesome bend.

Tim