Choked Hg400 Close

dunkster

I was doing my gripper training tonight and got 3 good parallel choked #3 overcrushes done so I thought I would choke my hg400 to parallel and give it a go. I had previously tried it with a set but it is so slippery, with the chrome plated steel handles and 'decorative' knurling, this was the only way I could get it.

Any of you that have closed it normally, with or without a set, what level were you at when you got it cus I'm thinking it would take a good thumb base and a stronger grip than I have to stop it moving around all over the place?

Well I thought it was easier than the three, and to help with the slipperieness of it I just used a shizzen load of chalk and that seemed to help really well and you should use chalk with all the grippers it really helps alot.

I always use chalk but my hands aren't the biggest and that 'gripper on gear' takes a bit of getting used to as I have only just got used to handling my normal grippers and it's a bit of a beast.

For me HG400 is a fair bit easier than a #3. I find it easy to close using 3 fingers - as this allows better leverage on the big handles. It is a good gripper IMO, a nice one right between a #2 and a #3.

I have also closed it without a set (very hard because of the spread and handle width) and i cannot quite no set a #3.

My HG400 is tougher than any of the the #3s that I own. It is much closer to the Elite I have so I think there is enough variation that it's hard to compare the two grippers.

This one definitely felt harder than my #3's. I'm not sure if they coat the springs but the diameter looks bigger than the #4 but no way near as hard. Obviously.

This one definitely felt harder than my #3's. I'm not sure if they coat the springs but the diameter looks bigger than the #4 but no way near as hard. Obviously.

Yeah. My HG300's spring looks as big as my 3 yet feels like 2.6.