Thomas inch speaks up

OldGuy

Recently John Edward of the Crossing Over show (he speaks to dead people ) told me of his conversation with Thomas Inch. Inch said " After only a few days there is controversy concerning Mark Henry's lifting of my dumbbell. This being so how on earth can people know what I did for real well over half a century ago ? " He is also trying to find a way to give the 200 English pounds prize money for lifting the bell to Mr Henry from beyond the grave.

OldGuy,

You are right- it is difficult to know what Inch lifted decades

ago (outside official conditions).

It is not difficult to know what he did not lift.

Within six years of his monetary offering for the Challenge

dumbell he was considering withdrawing the offer because

certain men were becoming very strong. The offer continued,

so was it at that point that this scenario may have taken place?:

Inch had all along been using the 140 and others were becoming close to succeeding, so this is when he made a public demonstration using the 140 (or the 75), took the bell

offstage, and when he later returned with the challenge, he

brought onto the stage the 172.

This may have been why Aston demanded that Inch leave the

bell that he (Inch) had just lifted sitting right there on the stage so that he (Aston) could immediately try.

It meant a great deal to the ego of Inch that he saw himself as Britain's strongest man. So he practised self deception his whole life. He also hated to part with money that he loved so much. His challenge to the mighty young Reg Park in 1949 was yet another attempt to convince the public that he was still the strongest. He went out of his way always to tip the scales in his favor. My previous post was only an attempt at humor.