Record for apollon's axle double overhand

bencrush

I've looked long and hard to find the record for a 2" bar double overhand deadlift.  I've also looked for records on alternate grip deadlifts on a 2" bar, but haven't found those either (for a 220 pound man).  If anyone knows what they are, please let me know.

I know that a competitor at Kevin Fulton’s competition did well over 200kg (240kg??) at last years event.

I set the UK Iron Grip 95kg+ record at the Iron grip records day October 2001.  I managed 180kg using a overhand grip.  I tried 190kg but I believe it was my deadlifting strength that let me down rather than grip strength.  

You can find all the Iron grip records for various bodyweights on my website ukgrip.info

What are you lifting at the moment?

I've only managed 278 pounds on the Apollon's Axle with the double overhand grip.  My goal is 300 pounds by October, just in time for the Super Grip Challenge.  My poundages must make you want to laugh (or cry).  Seriously though, thanks for the reply.  I'm a subscriber to Milo and I think I recognize your name as a Captain of Crush.  Is this true?  I also read about the British Iron Grip Championships, in which you (I believe) lifted the 180kg.  I wasn't sure, and the article didn't specify, if the lift was double overhand or alternated, until you told me in your post.  Thanks again. :)

French grip?  That's definitely easier to type than double overhand grip.  I'm glad you could enlighten me, Roark.  I'm always looking for better abbreviations on my workout log.  Thank you.

Did the French origin that type of grip?  Why don't we abbreviate the Double Overhand Grip and call it a "DOG"?  :)

Of course, if your bar is outside on a hot day.... you can call it a HOT DOG!!!  :p  :p  :D

The French Grip is also a type of grip used to hold a rapier in the sport of Fencing.  Yes, I know... useless information here, but it was meant for Mr. Roark, the man that shares "useful" information here. :)