News pics - some big crushes

Bill Piche

Nathan is:

20 yrs old, 6ft 3" About 196lbs

And is from Wales.

Guest 115-1005574997

Nice one Nathan

Great to see someone else from the UK doing well.  

You should come over an play with some of Daves grippers and Jims #4, im sure they wont mind

Awesome pics!  Good luck with the 4, you must be super close.

Awesome, this guy falls into the category of "how good WILL he be" .  Talk about potential!

Nathan,  

That is truly hardcore.  How wide is that superelite, if its like mine, you are an animal.  My superelite is way harder than my #4. :0  :0  :0

Very impressive job with the Super-Elite, Nathan! :0

Also, you're gonna have to order another spring for that Supergripper! :D

What's your training routine like?

Guest NathanHolle

Hi all,

Hope everyone in the U.S is having a great July 4th. I think this forum is a great place for all of us interested in grip,  as it has so many knowledgeable people exchanging tips. From what i've read my training differs from what most seem to be doing, but it seems to be working well for us. My training mainly is trying the grippers 6-10 times (always with chalk) spread through the day, everyday. I only have days off if I tear my skin or have any other injury.

I don't own the SuperGripper but when I can get a go of it,  I like it a lot. It's handles are easier on the skin (sometimes you can use it even when blistered), when closing it unsupported I find it best to close it in the finger tips until the last 10 mm,then curl the fingers around to close it.  My Super Elite is 70 mm wide (measured from the points that touch at the close) .Thankyou all for the kind comments.

Nathan

Nathan, that is awesome, they are making the superelites more narrow now because mine is 82 mm wide, and it it a monster even compared to my #4.  Still, I believe you are the first person besides Kinney to close anything with a #4 sized spring, and that is truly amazing.

Guest StrongerthanArne

Extremely impressive feats of grip strength and at such a young age. How close are you on the #4 if I may ask? When you say that you do the grippers 6-10 times daily, do you just go for a heavy gripper cold or do you first warm up with lighter ones? Your Super Elite at 70 mm is, in my view, a good compromise as far as the width goes. It would suit most hands. I have a #4 which is 79 mm between the handles and it is a pain to set if one has medium sized hands. Not that it matter much as I am light-years away from closing it anyway.

I don't recollect anyone else having closed the superelite gripper which is rated at only 5lbs less than the COC #4. with the known variation of all grippers it can be said that the #4 and the superelite are equal. (oh to be a 20 year old and have the recuperative powers of one ! )

Guest NathanHolle

I agree 70mm is a good size, yes I go for the heavier gripper straight away. I don't do a warm-up, just grab the gripper and squeeze. Strongerthanarne - I do not mind at all, I'm working on the 4.

Thanks again

Nathan

I agree 70mm is a good size, yes I go for the heavier gripper straight away. I don't do a warm-up, just grab the gripper and squeeze. Strongerthanarne - I do not mind at all, I'm working on the 4.

Thanks again

Nathan

How far do you get it down on each attempt? And, what method of progression are you then using?

Guest 103-1023791186

Nathan your grip strength is awesome,proving that theres

plenty of fire,comeing out of the welshdragon,im half welsh also.

Where abouts in wales di you live,and will you be going to the british championships,at david hornes,on august 3rd.

I also used to do competative mountain biking all over wales,a few years ago,and the scenery is absolutely fantastic.

Look forward to seeing you in a future milo,conquiring the 4*.

I would say that Nathan has it all. Natural talent , trains hard and has found out what kind of training works for him.