Who's #1 In The Usa?

Vonda Sue

Dave is no longer bad at bending- I believe he has done a 6" fbbc at home, maybe 5.5. Not best in the world but definitely good enough to not be weak.

Ryan has to work on bending ALOT or he will be stumped come contest time.

Hahaha Steve, I am a second tier guy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hubgeezer

• bencrush

• jad

• climber511

Noone has mentioned the fact that Josh Dale finished 1st or 2nd in ALL events at the last BBB2, except the "scaleweight hold" which messed him up, finishing like 12th, because he did it LEFT HANDED (to save his right thumb for the blob event???). And he finished 2nd in the blob event even when he THREW one of the blobs to the other side of the bench (he did lift it!) and had to do it again, and was still only beat by Jedd in that contest.

And he's not top 5 ??? Come on!! :angry:

Jad rocks and he'll only get better!! :rock

Also, don't forget about Eli Kiener, if he competes this year.

Looking forward to the GGC this summer, along with bending at the Michigan Contest, and the BBB.

This year should be very interesting. The last 3 pages are a good indication of how much depth is in the U.S.

Continuing the discussion of the neglected West Coast of the US, let's talk about Kevin Bussi.

He is 6 months away from age 21. Now that his injured finger has healed after no gripper training for a year, he is tearing up the MM ladder, and may have one of the best crushing grips on the Planet. Check out his MM4 video close if you doubt me.

At a grip contest less than two years ago he and I tied in the Two Hand Plate Pinch at 165. He did 206 in November of 2006.

He had never touched a Vbar until a year ago, and did 341 in November in a contest.

In the Apollon's Axle, I think I beat him by 30 pounds in April of 2006, and he beat me by over 20 in November. His Rolling Thunder improved 25 pounds in 6 months as well.

Everything he does has been shooting through the roof lately, as his overall strength is going up, and his finger is healed.

I think he is Top 5 now, and he certainly will be Top 3 within a year.

Hbgzr

This darn country is too big - we have to get the East and West coast boys together to compete some time. Kevin is certainly a strong up and comer - not even 21 yet - sometimes I just feel old :whacked

Dave Thorton has a picture up in the Gallery of a Magnificent Bastard bend. I saw it yesterday and commented on it. So he is now a world class bender also! Add that to all the other things he is world class at and it's mind boggling. Great bend Dave!

Alot of raw strength in the big US of A :D Records are gonna keep going as more people keep pushing the boundaries in bending/grip/strength.

I personally think Kevin Bussi will go on to beat all the above and hes also a mean bender he just needs to keep the injuries at bay.

I knew Dave is doing quite well on the bending now that he's dialing in the DO form. I assumed he'd be showing Ryan how to do the same, which is why I think Ryan stands a good chance of winning the Michigan contest. He's a lot bigger than Dave, and I think that gives him the ability to catch up on the bending if he trains it.

Josh is very good, I think he'd be in the next 5. But there are a number of other guys at that level as well. There's quite a bit of depth in the competitor field in the US.

If Bob would just neglect all that bench pressing to focus on something important like grip, he might be a top tier guy. Otherwise, I expect the strength needed for a big bench to prevent the flexibility needed to be good at double overhand bending. Events favoring large handed guys are also going to be a problem for him.

I repeat, we need a sponsor to get flights for guys, no way we can do it all out of pocket and expect to get all the top guys together.

Any ideas on sponsors?

Does this mean Chad will be at the MGC for sure?

I will be there competing...I am looking forward to meeting some of the other grip buds...and having a great time :mosher:mosher:mosher

I will be there competing...I am looking forward to meeting some of the other grip buds...and having a great time :mosher:mosher:mosher

I didn't know you lived in Georgia.. So not only do we have Snott but you as well and one more I can't remeber

Heck yeah!!!!!! Looking forward to the show!