Bending And Armwrestling

menace3000

Was wondering this for a while....couldnt find any threads on this so decided to post this question ...

how well does bending carry over to AW? which styles are most beneficial? how is bending and AW incorporated in workouts of those who do both?

thanks in advance guy...

Im not an expert on arm wrestling but i think anything that strengthen the wrist would help in armwrestling, especially as hard bend are very slow and quite isometric biased. As far as styles are concerned..once again the ones that use the wrist more would likely carry over more..so thats things like reverse and DU, while DO does obviously use the wrist somewhat, I dont think it packs the same power as far as wrist strength goes compared to the other 2. Just thought of another way to bend that may help AW...Go into DU then use the right hand as the driver and keep the left hand as the anchor..ie drive the bar in DU to the left hand, sorta like reverse but in DU position.

Hope something helped

I think i have my reverse bending to thank for my good wriststrenght in AW, althou i was never very strong, put a small kink to a red nail as best.

It's so weird my wrists have been pathetically weak....yet I found DU style similar to dave oslend the one where I have the most strength...I killeda blue and took yellow+white a good ways(couldnt finish it due to difficult pressing workout prior)....which seems weird as you all say it requires more wrist strength....

I am thinking about getting into arm wrestling...so it's cool that bending is so effective...