Uk Benders

mbcx6pmw

I'm looking to give bending a go, but am struggling to find any nails over 5", at least ones that aren't ridiculously thick for a beginner, so was wondering where you UK benders get stuff?

Tent pegs are an option, but probably not much of a challenge.

I started by getting a big bag of 6" nails from B&Q, they're good price and seem to be an even 60d nail. And they also do meter lengths of round and square steel for a couple of quid a length. :phone

Noob

Were abouts in Cheshire are you from if you can fix up a date and time to meet up with me and Maximus1 we can sort you out with some stuff.

Cheers guys. Dunk, I'll see what B&Q have to offer next time I'm there, I thought 60d was pretty tough to start with though?

Gazza, yeah that would be cool, pm sent.

We provisionally arranged I'd go over to the Wirral the week after next, one evening after work. Probably midweek if that's ok, something like the 24th. I can imagine the conversation with the missus:

"where did you say you're going tonight?"

"oh, just popping over to the Wirral to meet a load of benders"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in Northwich. Gazza was kind enough to furnish me with a 3" axle and a load of bending stuff. Only trouble is I'm too puny to bend any of it yet :rolleyes

We came to Northwich last season for one of the last football games of the season. Northwich Vics v Stafford Rangers. Fun day even though we lost.

David

No, used to play touch at work, but haven't played properly since school. There's a Paul Wood that plays (or used to) for Warrington I think.