What Should I Buy Next

mwinsl01

I am able to close the hg 300, the last two weeks i have been working on the coc 2. I am down to about 2 mm, so i will have it closed this week. I had to work on the sweep since i am going from hg grippers that have about 1.7 inches to close after the set to coc grippers that are about 2.3 inches after the set. I have a 2.5 coc gripper and a 3, along with a hg 350. my coc 2 gripper is about 117 pounds per a weight scale, the coc 2.5 gripper is 128, and the hg 300 is 128 easy side, and 140 hard side and i can close the hard side. I don't think i am ready for negatives for the coc 3 gripper.

Should I buy the bb super master or grand master? or any other recommedations

I don't think i am ready for negatives for the coc 3 gripper.

From what you are doing I would say it sounds like you are ready for negatives with the #3. I think that could be really helpful with your #2 closes. Also if you have a #1 or a even better maybe a 1.5 file it down to do beyond the range closes.

Whatever you do, good luck and grip hard. :D

You should try strap holds. I've been doing them a lot lately and I'm getting closer and closer to closing the #3.

or any other recommendations

Yeah, save your money, you have enough already :tongue

That must be a seriously easy HG300, mine is more like a #3.

I am able to close the hg 300, the last two weeks i have been working on the coc 2.

My coc 2 gripper is about 117 pounds per a weight scale, the coc 2.5 gripper is 128, and the hg 300 is 128 easy side, and 140 hard side and i can close the hard side.

I have a couple of comments:

1) You measured your HG300 at 128lbs (maybe even 140lbs), and the Coc2 at 117lbs, but you can close the HG300 and not the CoC2...? Is that a typo?

2) What do you mean, the easy side and the hard side? Some say holding the dogleg a certain way helps, but 12lbs difference is pretty significant assuming there is any accuracy to your numbers.

3) My recommendation is the same as Noob Saibot's. You've got everything you need for a long time.

I used to think that a negative with the 3 was too much when I was working on the 2 but that's because I was setting it wrong for the negative. That may be your problem too.

I used to think that a negative with the 3 was too much when I was working on the 2 but that's because I was setting it wrong for the negative. That may be your problem too.

How do you exactly hold a gripper for proper negs?

I would think same as usual. Except I have found that there are good and bad ways to force it shut. It really hurt my fingers to try and mash the handle in with just my off hand.

I got a tip from someone here to sit down and brace your gripping hand elbow between your knees. Then put your off hand on the inside of your other knee. Then you can force the gripper shut using your hand and your legs. So you kind of "Thigh Master" the gripper shut. I bet Suzanne Sommers could close a CoC4 this way. :yikes

I am able to close the hg 300, the last two weeks i have been working on the coc 2.

My coc 2 gripper is about 117 pounds per a weight scale, the coc 2.5 gripper is 128, and the hg 300 is 128 easy side, and 140 hard side and i can close the hard side.

I have a couple of comments:

1) You measured your HG300 at 128lbs (maybe even 140lbs), and the Coc2 at 117lbs, but you can close the HG300 and not the CoC2...? Is that a typo?

2) What do you mean, the easy side and the hard side? Some say holding the dogleg a certain way helps, but 12lbs difference is pretty significant assuming there is any accuracy to your numbers.

3) My recommendation is the same as Noob Saibot's. You've got everything you need for a long time.

no typo,

on the dogleg side the hg 300 is around 128 lbs per weight scale on rounder side it is around 140 lbs to close per scale. The problem i had with the coc 2 gripper was the sweep because i went from closing a set hg gripper that was around 1.7 inches set to a coc gripper at 2.3 inches set. I would say that i barely closed the coc 2 today but not with authority. Later this week i should close it with authority.

I was interested in hearing opinions on buying another gripper between the coc 2.5 and 3 because the 3 is a big difference, and i was trying to get my hands a little stronger before trying to tackle that big boy. i guess i will give it another week or two and start working on the coc 3.

Well when you can close your #2 with authority, you need to file it.

Also do negatives with the #3 but don't start to high.. Get use to them

i really don't want to file the coc 2 or 2.5. I will file my hg grippers though. I have a hg 300, and 2 hg 250 grippers i can file. i would rather buy another gripper or do strap holds.

Does any one think a bb supermaster would ease me into a 3 because the pounds per pressure from a 2.5 gripper is around 128 and a 3 is about 160 to 170?

i really don't want to file the coc 2 or 2.5. I will file my hg grippers though. I have a hg 300, and 2 hg 250 grippers i can file. i would rather buy another gripper or do strap holds.

Does any one think a bb supermaster would ease me into a 3 because the pounds per pressure from a 2.5 gripper is around 128 and a 3 is about 160 to 170?

Listen the pound pressure are different from site to site.. Don't make that mistake of looking at pounds, look at spring size.

Yes a BBSM would help you get to a #3 but so far I've seen the 2.5's to be almost the same with them (atleast non seasoned)

I would think same as usual. Except I have found that there are good and bad ways to force it shut. It really hurt my fingers to try and mash the handle in with just my off hand.

Yeah, this is what I mean. So I guess "set" is kind of the wrong word for it. It's more along the close. Well anyway, I just think it's something that needs to be "learned" somewhat, like a regular set, before you can do it exactly right.