Iron Mind Hip Belt Squat

menace3000

I saw that belt advertised as having 3500lb capacity....which is good to know as my last chain thick borwn leather belt ripped on me....I am using +230 on dips and it will likely soon increase....what do you guys think of this belt?

it comes at a hefty 100$ price....are there any other chain belts that can handle a good amount of weight? like 500lb? I obviously dont plan on lifting over a ton but it's good to know the belt can handle about double what I can do safely....

all advice is appreciated....

I saw that belt advertised as having 3500lb capacity....which is good to know as my last chain thick borwn leather belt ripped on me....I am using +230 on dips and it will likely soon increase....what do you guys think of this belt?

it comes at a hefty 100$ price....are there any other chain belts that can handle a good amount of weight? like 500lb? I obviously dont plan on lifting over a ton but it's good to know the belt can handle about double what I can do safely....

all advice is appreciated....

IM's hip belt or Dip belt - either one will hold whatever you can dip. I only have the belt sq belt but it's very comfortable - neither is a chain belt though - both are webbing. Being a climber, I trust webbing a lot, it will hold what you can lift.

I have the dip belt, its very comfortable and strong. My only complaint is i cant keep it tight on my waist. With most leather/chain dip belts you can loop the chain through both ends and the weight will hold the belt tight around your waist. Im sure there is a set up i could use to keep it tight with the IM dip belt, but i havent experimented with it yet. I just use it how its 'supposed' to be used, and sometimes it feel like it could slip off.

Either way, the dip belt and the squat belt are strong enough to hold any weight you can dip. Ive used about 145 on it without any problems whatsoever.

How is the weight hooked on the hip squat belt? climber you said it's webbing? (I am sorry I am fairly ignorant with this as I am not a climber)

How is the weight hooked on the dip belt?

How is the weight hooked on the hip squat belt? climber you said it's webbing? (I am sorry I am fairly ignorant with this as I am not a climber)

How is the weight hooked on the dip belt?

The IronMind site has pictures and explanations as well. Both the Dip and Hip belt work just great and are easy as can be to use. I don't know the stats on this particular webbing but in general - it will hold 4 to 6,000 pounds or so. The buckle will lower that somewhat, creating the weak link - but I really doubt you can dip anything close to what it will handle.

alright guys, I am sold. Off I go to dip 2 tons...LOL...Sounds like a sweet belt....Only wish I knew this few days ago as I got 3, 3.5 grippers from IM....woulda saved a bit on S/H...

Thanks for all the help guys. :)