Plate Pinching Gloves

rolf

Hey guys,

I'm going to buy work gloves for plate pinching. Should I go for a tight or loose fit? I'd guess tighter than what I'd use for actual work. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance.

Hey guys,

I'm going to buy work gloves for plate pinching. Should I go for a tight or loose fit? I'd guess tighter than what I'd use for actual work. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance.

Don't obssess over the minute details. Not everyone uses gloves (I don't). Other use towels - just draped over. Those that use gloves use them now and again. Nick McKinless and David Horne use bog standard workmens gloves of a size appropiate to their hands.

Tight gloves would rip where the thumb webbing was.

Tight gloves would rip where the thumb webbing was.

Thanks, I'll get what is my normal size then. I've never used gloves for pinching before, but lately I've found some non-nice tears in my thumb webbing. I just wondered whether the fit mattered, as in whether loose gloves would slide off my hands. :)

Perhaps you missed me mentioning that the best pinch gripper we have uses gloves. And you have hit the nail on the head with the idea that it is harder with gloves on. It also protects the thumb webbing. I suspect I don't use the same volume as David and, according to Nick, if his hands are warm he does more.

Nah, I don't see the benefits of using a glove, because you tend to lose grip( Unless if that's what you want ).

That's the idea. You want it to be harder.

And it keeps you from cutting your hands, I tell ya!

Many of the top pinchers in the world use gloves or towels - now - does that make you a sissy? Well maybe, but a darn strong one!!!

Any old gloves are fine. Just get some that fit. The sheepskin ones that Dave uses are too small for me - thats why he can pinch more ;). Like the others have mentioned, the idea is to protect your hands and make the exercise tougher / different. Just make sure you keep using the same pair so that your training is meaningful.

Doggonit, guys! I've been pinching a pair of 25's (kg) with two hands for 30 second holds bare-handed. Now I could only manage something like 5 seconds with a pair of 20's with the gloves. You all suck! :angry::tongue

I think part of the whole reason to ues gloves is that you can train longer. If you rip your thumb open and start bleeding people tend to stop. But if you had gloves on in the first place you could keep on going. (does anybody know where I can get some 25kg plates in the U.S) :)