New Gold Crown Cards

EricMilfeld

Granted, I haven't trained tearing in nearly a year, but I think the Gold Crown cards I purchased from Wal Mart tonight are vastly different from the ones I've torn in the past. Though I was able to do a deck of Bicycles tonight with a good deal of effort, these Gold Crowns just wouldn't cooperate. I couldn't even get the tear started properly. So, I compared them to an old deck of the same brand, and sure enough, they did feel noticeably slicker. They felt more "plasticky". I'm not sure if they are somehow stronger than the older decks, or it's just a matter of them being too slippery for me. Very frustrating. I was looking forward to an easy "feel good" tear.

yup, I found this out too. I think they made them slicker. It is much harder to keep them pinched together when you try to rip them.

Edited by nickr104

I noticed the same thing. Wal Mart did not have the Gold Crown cards for a few weeks and when they finally got them again, they seemed harder. I also tried the Bicycle cards and found them much easier than the Gold Crown cards.

Brad

Heck yea, I used to tear a deck of gold crowns in around 10 sec's so I bought some more, bragging to some friends at how easy I could do it and it took like 2 mins for the tear lol, I was like What the hell.

I tore a set of Bees that was much eaiser than the new Gold Crown cards. I e-mailed the company. They have improved the quality of the cards. I thought that I might be able to get a good deal on any of the remaining old cards. They checked their inventory and did not have any left.

Brad

I've found the same thing...Gold crowns were actually the only deck I could fully tear...I thought I had just suddenly gotten weaker. Good to know this.

Justin