Gold Im #3

Timmy

Don't think it's an RB. I think RBs always had a more shiny spring (like the G8 springs of the latest CoCs) or even chrome plated ones, whereas the CoC had those springs with a black oxid layer or something like that.

Don't think it's an RB. I think RBs always had a more shiny spring (like the G8 springs of the latest CoCs) or even chrome plated ones, whereas the CoC had those springs with a black oxid layer or something like that.

There are RB-Grippers with black springs too.

I got a goldplated gripper, from RB.

There are RB-Grippers with black springs too.

Ok, good to know.

Thanks. I'm guessing the guy did some photoshopping. Or, maybe it was a mistake on the labeling.

Why doesn't Steve answer us?

Cos I have better things to do. Try emailing me or PM'ing me before assuming I look at every post. It's patently obviously not gold nor photoshopped. It's not my photo nor one I supplied. Given that the top image of the article is a selection of different grippers - all RB and in various finishes and none with yellow tape on them it will be easy to work out that the handle has been taped in some way.

Edited by mobsterone

Another option could be that the handles were painted. You could airbrush on some yellow paint and it wouldn't affect the knurling that much since it should be a relatively thin coat of paint. Just a thought...

pc

It's an old handle - note the grip though... I think it's thumbless. That year Jim and I came a tied second or very close to each other with (I think) 117.5-kilos and or a little under.

Edited by mobsterone

Thanks. I'm guessing the guy did some photoshopping. Or, maybe it was a mistake on the labeling.

Why doesn't Steve answer us?

Cos I have better things to do. Try emailing me or PM'ing me before assuming I look at every post. It's patently obviously not gold nor photoshopped. It's not my photo nor one I supplied. Given that the top image of the article is a selection of different grippers - all RB and in various finishes and none with yellow tape on them it will be easy to work out that the handle has been taped in some way.

Oh I know. Don't take it personally. I only posted that because you're a member here, so the answer shouldn't be hard to get if someone really cared to get it.

how could u ever mistake that for gold? it's just funny....it couldnt look any less like gold....probably some yellow tape wrapped around the handle to prevent cutting up of the hands....