Wwe scores important footage for upn wrestling gig

John Wood

Heath.... someone had to get up on stage....  :D  :D

Really, Slim's act was a great one.  So was Dennis Rogers, Stanless Steel and let's not forget Russell Jones blowing up that hot water bottle!  A great evening for shows of strength!!

If the next AOBS dinner is held in June 2003, that INCH DB is going!  I was recently given a training program by a certain Mr.Horne, an English gentleman who seems to know a bit about serious grip training.  

So who's gonna join me and hoist that baby next year?

John D.

I had a young man come by the office Wed. and on his first try 2 hand cleaned the Inch replica to his shoulder and easily jerk pressed and held it for the count.(even gave it a go lefty) He also got under two 135 lb olympic barbells on a rack,stood up,and then military pressed them VERY easily! Strong kid!

Thanks Richard,

That means a lot coming from you. My next goal is getting the Inch off the floor one handed. I think the plate loaded handle will help me get there. It's just a matter of time.

:D

Jason,

Great to see you post on the grip board.  Are you planning on doing any other grip work besides training for a  clean and press of the Inch ?  

Robert

Jason,

Great to see you post on the grip board.  Are you planning on doing any other grip work besides training for a  clean and press of the Inch ?  

Robert

Well, I just started. I just got a 2.4" dumbbell handle to practice the Inch lift. I maxed out with it at 157lbs the 1st time. So I am estimating I have roughly 15lbs or so before I will give the Inch another shot.

As far as grippers, I have none. So I will probably stick with the dumbbell handle and use it with various exercises. Do you have any suggestions?

As far as grippers, I have none. So I will probably stick with the dumbbell handle and use it with various exercises. Do you have any suggestions?

I train with sledgehammers, grippers, IDB handle, plate wrist curls, and bend steel.

I would definitely acquire a pair of sledgehammers for sledgehammer lifts to build wrist strength and crushing strength by doing lifts (and maybe clean and presses) by gripping the overlapping handles on two-hammers in one hand.  I actually use sledgehammer handles with olympic plates attached in place of the head.

The plate wrist curls are a really good exercise and do  not require any special equipment.  Steel bending is also  great fun and builds tremendous wrist strength.

As far as using the IDB handle I just do one handed dead lifts.  At some point I will start doing clean and presses.

Robert