After Nearly 2 Years! I Have Just Closed The #3

Sam1

Hi Guys

Just a quick note to thank a great resource help me close the #3

After nearly 2 long hard years, I have just made the handles touch on the #3!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now it was only momentarily and was not a proper close and hold together like I can do with easier grippers, but hell after 2 years it is good enough for me.

I have been stuck at a 16th of an inch (millimetres away )for 6 months.

After encountering overtraining, injury (through boxing not gripping) and frustration with not improving at the rate I wanted, I have done it!!!!!!

Through daily gripping with low volume and intermittant high volume and wrist curls I have done it!

All I have to do now is do it again and then close it properly under COC conditions.

My next goal is to get certified in 2008!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Gripping

Cheers

Sam

www.kettlebelltrainer.co.uk

Congrats, good job for sticking with it and getting it done!

Great job man! I will be right there with ya someday I hope though it's taken more than 2 years for me so far.

Try to cert on 2007!

Great Job! I have been 1/16th for about the same amount of time as you were. I was thinking the other night that the first time it gets closed, in private, is a cause for celebration. Nope, it won't count for certification, nope, it won't have witnesses, video, photos. Nope, it may be a long way off from opening a brand new possibly tougher gripper out of the package sent by Strossen.

It may be all of those things, but I imagined, when it closes, only you will know you closed it, and you will not lie to yourself. And it will be a time for saying "all right!"

So, yes, I was thinking of that the other night right before I squeezed it down to 1/12th of an inch, and it was not to be that time, but it was close enough that I almost FELT IT.

So, Sam, you who have only 2 posts in 14 months, I salute you, I am happy for you, and I think I know how you feel, because it is getting close. My goal is to certify in 2007, so I don't see why you would have to wait until 2008, as you are a tiny bit ahead of me.

Again, Great Job, Good Work! Tell yourself you reached a goal, and move on to the next, Grip or Life, it is time to go for the next one.

Hubgeezer

Hi Guys

After nearly 2 long hard years, I have just made the handles touch on the #3!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now it was only momentarily and was not a proper close and hold together like I can do with easier grippers, but hell after 2 years it is good enough for me.

After encountering overtraining, injury (through boxing not gripping) and frustration with not improving at the rate I wanted, I have done it!!!!!!

Through daily gripping with low volume and intermittant high volume and wrist curls I have done it!

All I have to do now is do it again and then close it properly under COC conditions.

Keep Gripping

Cheers

Sam

do you find training your grip helps your punching power.

Congrats! Was it with a credit card set?

As for me it took me 18months to close a #3 with a // set.

CCS or no set is a different story though so if you can only close your #3 with a deep set i think 2008 to get certified may be reasonable.

If not you should probably be able to get certified in the months to come!!

Cheers mate,

Amaury

WELL DONE :rock

Edited by Alawadhi

Hi Guys

Keep Gripping

Cheers

Sam

do you find training your grip helps your punching power.

lol That was totally random.

Congrats! I needed 2 years for the #3 too.

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

Congrats , thats excellent news.

I like yourself have closed it, but that was nearly 2 months ago for me now, and i havent repeated the feat yet, which is most frustrating!

Awesome job! I admire your determination. Two years is a long time to work toward something. Keep up the good work and you will certify in no time.

pc