Inch Replicas From Fbbc

John Beatty

Inch replicas  

99 members have voted

1. 1. what size would you want to buy

To all-

I need some input on numbers for FBBC to possibly carry Inch replica DB's. They'd be in the following sizes

Let me know - they'd be coming in the spring, hopefully.

Also-

I am working on getting Indian clubs made. Real old time wood ones, will work on a way to load them with lead or steel for heavy ones. After watching Dockery at the BBB, I have had Indian clubs on the brain. Is there an interest? What weights would you guys want?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrisx9118

• Bill Piche

• climber511

• David Horne

John, I would logically want to start up the list. Starting at 117. Then, go up further until just before the 172 (I have one already). Just my 2 cents.

Around how much would each cost? I think that would help us determine if we could afford more then one maybe? If not, i would go for the 172lb one. :rock

Will the replicas you make have the original 2.38" handle or the replicas 2.47" handle? I would think that making the 2.38" handles might get you selling to people who have replicas so they could have the 2.47" that they own and a more accurate inch replica at 2.38"

P.S. I will be buying some... Probably more of the little ones that the big ones HAHAHAHAHAHA

Greg

Edited by gamidon

My plan is too eventually own them all, too. Slowly of course, like one a year for the next 4 years, starting with the baby 117lber

The one I'm most interested in is the 154#er.

Depending on price, I'd probably buy the 117lber pretty soon after they are available. Shoot, if you can offer some sort of deal, I'd be willing to pre-order.

If I got to the point where I could control the 117lber, I'd end up buying the 135lber.

Depending on price, I would probably purchase several myself up to the 172lb. If I made it that far, then I would have to decide at that time if I wanted to go further.

pc

would it be possible for you to make loadable inch replicas like PDA? if anything, I would probably go for the 172, the gold standard and probably just to have so it can motivate me (by laughing at me every time I try to pick it up)!

I would only be interested if they have the original handle measurement of 2.38" The 154# and the 172# would be the ones I would have interest in.

Around how much would each cost? I think that would help us determine if we could afford more then one maybe?

I second this.

I'll buy the 172 or the 154. Not sure. But probably the 172.

135 to train with and then the 172 when I have bulletproof thumbs, cannot wait to get my hands on one though, everytime i see an inch dumbell online I wish I had one

If I had limited resources to invest in making X number, why I would pick the 154:

1. The 172 has been done, the 154 would be unique.

2. Inch used to fake people out with the 154.

3. The guys that spent the money on the 172, but can't lift it, are going to go for the closest one to it.

4. I suspect the 172 might get fired up again by someone, and there would be competition. There would be no competition (virtually) for the 154.

5. FBBC is for serious strength athletes, not your weekend lifter. The 154 is going to appeal to them more than the smaller weights.

6. When an owner of a heavy dumbbell asks a buddy if he can lift an object, he is going to make sure that his buddy won't be able to do it. That would only work with a 154 or higher.

7. Even 172 lifters will get benefits from working out with a 154.

My 2 cents. But hey, what do I know, I am just an accountant, and got to go back to work, lunch is over.

Hi All

Im in the Uk if any one can give me some information on the Indian clubs i can turn any size that anyone requires.

Aaron

Like most, I would probably be interested in several. Starting from the lightest up to the 172. I think the heaviest would be a bit of a pipe dream for me. But who knows.

If you're talking about making replicas just like IM and Sorinex used to sell: I'd buy a 172lber for sure. In fact if this is a pre-order opp. put me down for one of those. I don't care whether it has a 2.38 or a 2.47 as long it's not any smaller.

i have an inch replica from sorinex which i am training to deadlift. i'd buy the 154lb. inch for sure.

John,

Count me in on the indian clubs (depending on price). I'd be looking at 10 - 12 lbs initially but would consider five pound increments from 0 to 40 eventually.

Because i moved to California i didn't buy the Inch from heavygriptools.

But now i am ready to go for it again. I would definitely buy the 135lbs and later (probably much later lol), the 172lbs. If the 135lbs is not available, i would go for the 154lbs.

Cheers,

Amaury