My grippers came.

Guest yactoid

Guest yactoid

as previously posted, I ordered (and now have recieved) a T and a #1

well, I now know how weak I am :) - after a bunch of playing, I got the trainer to just touch in my right hand, and about 1/4" in my left.

as for the #1, just about parallel (left) and just past parallel (right).

I'm not really gonna worry about my hands too much, I do have some red marks this morning from them, and a blister forming on the last joint of my middle finger - but the soreness feels great, and DOMS is probally gonna hurt alot, but my typing is a bit faster today ;)

now, I don't know how I'm gonna NOT train with them everyday!

Guest yactoid

Thanks - they are a lot of fun, the knurling (?) is pretty painfull right now.

I brought them to work today, and everyone is having a go - so far no one has closed the #1, but a few people are close - and when the warehouse manager gets here, I'm sure he will mash it

Get some sandpaper or a file & take some of the knurling off it if hurts your skin. You don't want it to keep you from training.  :crazy

get chalk for your hands. You'll get used to the knurling. I always clean the handles of my grippers with a steel brush before a workout to make the handles as sharp as possible.

Use a soft spongy sandblock to take the sharpness off the handles.  It makes a world of difference, believe me.

Embrace the knurling!

Love it!

Want it!

Want it to pierce your skin so the gripper does not move!

I hate slippery gripper handles. I would rather bleed and make a close due to non-slippage than miss a close due to getting out of the groove due to the gripper moving.

But, that's just me.  :)

Guest JoeQ1966

I got my coc 2 and 3 and the handles have taken a toll on my hands.Just last night I tore open my pinkie,,but I got what I wanted out of the exercise so of course its worth it..Hand exercises are  just brutal so its best to just get your hands used to the workload and let them callus up..I ripped the skin off of my inner thumbs doing pinch grips..I love it.  I would agree with wannagrip on this one if you are giving it all you got and the gripper slips because its slick and I miss the closing then I would be forced to run the gripper over with the skidloader,,and nobody wants to see that.

good luck        Joe

Guest yactoid

Wow, ok :)

anyway, the Warehouse manager couldn't even close the #1, the only one to do it was a former semi-pro pitcher (and now pitching coach).

my hands are very sore today, but I took the grippers to work and I can't stop playing with them, dispite the blister on my middle finger and the two red spots 3 inches below the base of my pinkey

maybe on the FAQ (when it gets done :/) someone can post pictures of setting up for a grip, I know I haven't found the "grove" yet.

You have no idea how much blister I got from deadlift, grippers and pinching plates. I remember that I once use a plaster on every fingers, tip and middles, to train with the grippers. Then, I used hockey tape on my fingers. Finally, I dicovered a store who sell chalk. Problem solved.

I'm with Wannagrip on knurling.

well, I now know how weak I am  - after a bunch of playing, I got the trainer to just touch in my right hand, and about 1/4" in my left.

as for the #1, just about parallel (left) and just past parallel (right).

Wow.  I didnt realize the #1 would be that hard.  I haven't yet actually bought the grippers due to a lack of funds but I was thinking of starting with the #2 and maybe doing negatives until i could close it.  From the sounds of things I might have been a bit overconfident of my abilities.  I should be ordering my first gripper within the next few days but now maybe I'll be going with the #1 instead.  Thanks for the info, even if it wasnt directed to me :p .

MJ,

if you got the new #2, you would be in for a big disapointment, because most of the new #2s are beastly, and unless you are a natural beast, you would be humbled badly.  I got a new #2 about 3 months ago, and couldn't close it initially--it was that hard.  Definitley get the #1 first (both if you can afford it).  Work your way up from there.  Good Luck!

now, I don't know how I'm gonna NOT train with them everyday!

hey yactoid, I don't know if you would call it "training", but when I first got the T I squeezed on it probably 3-5 times a day until it got easier and easier. Hey it worked!! I closed the T and the #1. Now I am squeezing on the BBM..not that I will close that anytime soon!  I don't think I was "overtrained", but hey I am no where near as good as most the people on here, but I thought I would give you my opinion as a beginner  :p  :p        -gripgal ;)

Guest JoeQ1966

Riot I just got my coc 2 and 3 and when I first ordered them I figured I would close the 2 and the 3 would be a down the road thing..Well  I couldnt close the 2 out of the box..I have a supergripper and I get close to closing it on the top settings..Granted the gripper is 8-10 years old and has been used alot so it may be worn out but I thought it would be easier with the cocs than it is..It gives you some real repect for people like yourself that have closed the 3. After about one and a half weeks I can close the 2..But this certified thing is going to take some real dedication..

good luck to everyone on their training

Joe

Ah Riot!!!!  I showed your #2 who Its daddy was :hehe  :hehe !  Hey-congrands on the #3-I have closed it-just not certified yet!!!  You the man-

Sorry for not getting in touch-let me know when you are back in the BURHG!!!!

RICK :hehe

Hey Rick,

You certainly did show my #2 who its daddy was, however most people wouldn't, and I surely couldn't have when I started to train grip seriously.  Thanks for the congrats.

As for you, congratulations, I knew you'd be closing that #3 soon enough, hurry up with the certification, so we'll be in the same issue of MILO  :D  :D  :D

We should also mention that SOMETIMES (I am using that word loosely).... you should give the grippers a break, and train on other things for a while.

GripGal... if you have some pics, please post them if you can!!

Guest yactoid

I accidently left my grippers at work this weekend (*gasp*),

however, when I got in this morning, I closed the trainer no problem with my right, and REALLY close (maybe it *just*) touched with my left. In any case, I think the two days off was good - but now that they are back in my mitts, I'm squeezing them alot!

I really want to buy a #2 and #3, just to find someone who can close the 2 - I really wanna see it to belive it (as for 3 then 4... I can't even comprehend that far yet).

Thanks for all the feedback, its really alot of fun, and my forearms are stronger already.

One more thing - any work being done on the FAQ? I'd really like to see a pictorial (or video) on how to hold the grippers

P.S. - being humbled is a great phrase to describe it, congrats to EVERYONE who sticks with this ... endeavor - esp. those who despite a lack of natural strength perservered to close the #3s!

Guest sjeff70

I hear you, Yactoid.  I'm a hair away from closing the #1; I'll get it next workout, but it took me a few months.  I couldn't close the Trainer when I first got it.  It will take some serious work to get the #3!  :)  

I was hoping grip strength would have been my forte in the strength world but unfortunately it's not.  I'm sure I'm gifted somewhere, I just haven't found it yet.  :(