G8 Is Done!

guru20

It went down in 2 sessions spaced about 5 min apart. The kink was really hard, then the crushdown actually went pretty smooth. Ill post a pic as soon as i can upload it. It was after a deadlift workout, so i think that had something to do with it.

Anyway, im pumped! I dont know where to go from here though. I dont have anymore G8s, or 5" G5s. Thats alright though, maybe ill finally gets some rest..lol.

Dood, you're on a roll! :flame

So, if we don't give you any direction, you'll rest?

HA! Buy some 5/16" hot-rolled steel and cut it to 7" lengths. If that goes well, pick up some cold-rolled steel and do the same.

Another fun thing to try is a double bend. Like, tape a timber tie to a blue nail.

you could also try some 1/4 square. its good stuff, and will give you an idea where you are with the longer length needed to bend the red or Bastard

- Aaron

Isnt 5/16 x 7 HRS equivalent to a red? Or is it CRS? Either way, i tried to bend a red a couple days ago and it wasnt happening, lol. I do have some 1/4 square, but its hard as hell. I havent tried it for awhile though, i might have to pick it up. The thicker stuff totally messes with my head, when i see 1/4 it feels like i could do anything...but the 5/16 messes with me. Ill have to get over that.

Congratulations! You will be bending Reds in no time!!! :rock

Man you are smoking! I wished my short bending would take a run like that.

Congrats!

Tim

Nathan, that's awesome! :rock Congrats!

Try Home Depot's Steel Works brand 5/16" HRS.

Good job Nathan!! Looks like the 5/16 HRS and square stock.

Okay, you're cut off. Wait, I take that back. Report back when you bend the next piece of steel in the progression. Right after the 1/4"x7" Square is 3/8"x4" CRS. :whistel

Now, ROCK THE AWESOME BENDING POWER :rock

lol..ok, so i tried the 3/8x4....no way, if that is ever done, i will bow down and worship.

I got sucked into bending tonight...im so damn sore from yesterdays deadlift workout, and tonight right after i finished my KTA workout one of my friends starts bending...and i get all motivated and go all out. After thinking i pulled a back muscle, i rejoiced in the new PR.

Congrats on your Square PR :rock That was really fast!!!! If I remember correctly, after I could rep about 3 squares I could get the Red Nail and a few weeks later, the Bastards will fall!!!

lol..ok, so i tried the 3/8x4....no way, if that is ever done, i will bow down and worship.

Ah HA! So you're not invincible! Just kidding. This is an astonishing string of PRs. It will be very entertaining to watch your progress!

Simply amazing. Fast run up the ladder my friend!

Tim

Thanks guys. I have a friend that im trying to get into the bending world, i think he has SICK potential for it. Hes pretty skinny, but his hands and wrists are extremely strong naturally. He kinked the 1/4 x 7 then i pressed it to like 110 degrees, and he finished it. He probably couldve done the whole thing though. I seem to be surrounded by strong guys, its great!

NEW PR!

i just bent a 6" 5/16 G2 that has a 3070a CYI on the top.

It was damn hard, and it felt like pinched a nerve in my left shoulder..lol. it was harder then the 1/4x7 square for me, so im counting it as a PR.