Fingerextensions

Guest T-Bear

Guest T-Bear

I took a opened tin (can) 3 inch in diameter and mangle down the sharp edge with a screwdriverhandle then I glued a bit saddle-girth just under the sharp edge. I drilled two holes in the botton and knitted a thin rope in it to hang weights at. For me 3 lbs is enough to hold it for 20 seconds.

Guest JoeQ1966

Thank you for the explanation..I have seen the exercise program that you use and never really knew what you where talking about as far as the tincan was concerned.. Now I understand..

thanks          Joe

If you are into training your extensors, you can try ironminds outerlimits loops, they are very good for training the extensors

Guest T-Bear

They may be good, but I think my tincan work good to. I read John Brookfields book Mastery of handstrength and he use a glasjar that he fills with sand. Besides who want´s to spend 20 bucks when you can made one for nothing, but a little work.

The loops will never cut you, and they have the capacity for adding an infinite amount of weight.

Guest baldy

Hey T-Bear, welcome aboard.

One thing that Greg is (modestly) neglecting to mention is that he does extensor work with more weight than some people curl. This being the case, a "tin" would not be acceptable for someone of his strength in this movement. IronMind's Outer Limits loops fit the bill.

Incidentally Greg, your success with the loops has made me re-think my own usage of them. I was just keeping a light fixed weight on them and doing multiple holds and such (almost like what someone would do for physical therapy), nothing really serious. Now I know that they can be trained just like other movements, in progressive fashion. I appreciate the info you recently gave on this subject. You should have showed your loop lift to Dr Strossen while you had his attention, he might have put you in the next catalog so others could see that heavy extensor lifts are possible.

Guest T-Bear

Riot grip. My tincan don't cut me cause I have mangled down the sharp edge and the saddlegirth is glued just under it and is so thick that there are no risk of cutting. But you may have a point when it comes to heavy lifts. As I said 3 lbs is enough for me. I got a little intrested in how much you can lift with your loops.

Awesome weight!!

The main advantage, in my opinion, of buying equipment, is comparing weights with others. This is difficult with home made stuff.

If you are worried about cutting your hands, wear leather gloves. I have used them with simular extensor movements.

Another extensor movement is to put your hands inside both ends of a short pvc pipe, and use is like a wrist roller. (after adding string/weight) I wear gloves doing this.

http://www.geocities.com/fightraining

Guest baldy

Greg - Cool on the picture, I look forward to seeing it.

apdwler - MILO v8 #2 has an article by Fred Hutchinson about wrist roller variations, that one is included (extensor rolling). Incidentally, he also had a neat idea of a pinch-style roller where you use (for example) a 2 * 6 block of wood to roll with. As you roll you would be supporting the entire weight with one hand at a time in pinch style. It would probably help someone with pinching and plate curling motions, but I haven't tried it yet to see what it does for me.

T-Bear,

I can do 60+ lbs in either hand

I am still about 20lbs when I do them at the end of my workouts. I can't even fathom 60!  :0