First Bolts

guru20

So i bent my first bolts today, one had an 'OF' on the top and was 6" but it was really easy so i tried another. the other one was a 6" with 3 ticks on the top and "TY" and "FNL" in between the ticks...im assuming this is a grade 5 but im not positive. This one was a a lot harder, and it had a weird consistency to it...i kinked it, stopped for a sec, bent a little more, stopped etc ( i couldnt get the melting feeling i normally get)...i bent for about 20sec until i finished it. The thing i found weird about this bolt was the head dug into my palm, and i kept having to adjust to find a place that wouldnt hurt.

My hands have been aching for days, but i cant seem to stop..lol. Im always trying to bend more and more...i seriously need to take a break.

My hands have been aching for days, but i cant seem to stop..lol. Im always trying to bend more and more...i seriously need to take a break.

this sounds all too familiar. i believe its called being addicted which no one i know can seem to understand. congrats on those bends.

Congrats on the G5! The jump from 1/4" CRS to the G5 is bigger than from th G5 to the red. At least for most anyway.

- Aaron

Yeeoow! Great bending. G5 is a huge milestone. Graded bolts are notoriously springy; that's what you were feeling. The G8 is even worse. Sounds like you'll be there soon. Rest now, revel in your accomplishment, then hit it hard again!

Ok, i know ive been posting a lot lately...but its because im totally obsessed, and pretty new to bending so i keep experimenting and i keep bending harder steel. I bend DO unbraced with leather wraps (ive posted some pics in one of my other threads). I wrote a thread earlier today about trying bolts for the first time..i bent a g2 then a 6" g5, and now i just bent a 5.5" g5 and it feels like i couldve gone a little heavier...but not much. That was about my limit, the crushdown was hard as hell.

So anyway, just wanted to share some of my enthusiasm...most of the people around me dont give a crap about bending...they think its all the same..lol.

your excitement is fairly normal for when the bending bug bites you. someone once said: "its like the crack cocaine of grip". I still get pretty excited when I demolish something I have not bent before.

- Aaron

Wow! Fast learning curve. You're doing awesome. I wish I would've gotten good wraps at the begining and it would have saved me so much pain and grief.

I know what you mean about the aching hands. I've learned that regular ol' asperin does a good job since it has an anti-inflamitory quality to it.

Welcome to the addiction!

Tim

Thanks fellas! Its refreshing to share a passion like this with people that feel the same way. Most people just look at me like im a weirdo...lol,

"are those specially made to bend".."uhh,no, theyre specially made to be bolts and nails"

"are those specially made to bend".."uhh,no, theyre specially made to be bolts and nails"

Haha! Good response! Keep up the good work!

Welcome to the dark side my friend. Feeling pain and refusing to stay away from it is first sign of journey into the world of bending. when you start thinking chalk should be used to stop the bleeding of your palms so you can stop slipping on the final crush down the you know you have arrived, and are now knee deep in the bending darkside. Keep up the hard work man!

-Sean

Thanks guys!

Its totally becoming an obsession...Im constantly thinking about how i can help my hands recover faster so i can bend more. Sometimes ill just bend anyway and take that crazy ache that comes right after.

This board is full of some of the strongest athletes around, and its awesome being a part of it.