Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikael Siversson

• mobsterone

• joeyg

• Timmy

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he is a very strong guy. :rock

nice close martin. svenskepowers :P

Martin is the euro champ. very very strong, and probably nowhere near his potential yet. scary. I think at the moment he is pretty unbeatable in any allround grip competition.

David

Well if both hands are tested he is very hard to beat with the LGC standard events. Would be close though between him, Horne and McKinless as far as the Europeans are concerned. Nick in particular is about 10 per cent stronger in the vbar than Martin, whereas Horne is still better in the pinch. Anyway these three are definitely the top three in Europe.

Harder to compare with the Americans as grip competitions in the US are moderately to extremely biased towards large hand size and all the three above have hands shorter than 8''.

None of the sub-8'' hands grip guys in the US would currently stand a chance against Martin, Horne or Nick, based on what we have seen thus far (with the more common events such as grippers, two hand pinch, vbar, one hand deadlift and levering for example).

None of the sub-8'' hands grip guys in the US would currently stand a chance against Martin, Horne or Nick, based on what we have seen thus far (with the more common events such as grippers, two hand pinch, vbar, one hand deadlift and levering for example).

I think you need to look up Heslep.

I think you need to look up Heslep.

I don't think so.

Very strong, Martin. I love watching your vids. However, I hate to do this to you, but I will uncover your SECRET.

Damn! You found my secret viking butter made of polar bears! :tongue

This is really impressive!!

Martin- Your an animal and humble man.

I don't think I would look past Heslep.

Nobody stands a chance against Horne. He beats everybody, even when he's injured. As far as Martin and Nick: I think Clay could give them both a run for their money. He might not win but it would be very close. As far as I know his hands ar 7 7/8". I think he's going to be at MGC5 so it will be interesting to see what he does on grippers, vbar, and 1HDL.

Nobody stands a chance against Horne. He beats everybody, even when he's injured. As far as Martin and Nick: I think Clay could give them both a run for their money. He might not win but it would be very close. As far as I know his hands ar 7 7/8". I think he's going to be at MGC5 so it will be interesting to see what he does on grippers, vbar, and 1HDL.

good spot on view Josh and good strength Martin...you haven't reached your full potential yet either Josh, now that's something :blink:bow:bow:bow

Regarding Horne - I don't think so. He narrowly beat Nick in a competition where he himself selected the events. This would have given Horne a slight but significant advantage.

Regarding Clay - I don't think so.

Part of the reason Martin and Nick are so hard to beat is that they will take a huge lead in the pinch against any guy in the sub-8'' category (except Horne). We all know how easy it would be to beat Martin in grippers both hands.

You can't pinch around 180-200 lbs and expect to beat Martin and Nick in an allround grip competition.

Part of the reason for all this talking is of course that I wan't these guys on the platform doing battle.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Regarding Horne - I don't think so. He narrowly beat Nick in a competition where he himself selected the events. This would have given Horne a slight but significant advantage.

Regarding Clay - I don't think so.

Part of the reason Martin and Nick are so hard to beat is that they will take a huge lead in the pinch against any guy in the sub-8'' category (except Horne). We all know how easy it would be to beat Martin in grippers both hands.

You can't pinch around 180-200 lbs and expect to beat Martin and Nick in an allround grip competition.

Part of the reason for all this talking is of course that I wan't these guys on the platform doing battle.

Regarding Clay: depends on the scoring system I suppose and who else shows up. I thought you were just throwing the two hand thing out there, if it was two hands contested, only person that has a chance against Martin with two hands on the grippers is Show and he's definetly not in the sub-8 category.

Doesn't Martin have a weakness in the form of the V-bar? Heh.

And yeah, doesn't Heslep 2 hand pinch a lot of weight too? I remember Wes saying Tommy told him he wanted to break the pinch record, or something like that. Wouldn't he be good in a comp? Hrm..

Heslep always seems to be under-rated. Personally I think he has a chance to win any competition anytime as does Horne or any of the other grip greats. The sport is constantly growing with new peaks and records every few months. If you lose track of one of the top guys for a few weeks you may not even know that he is approaching a world record in a particular event.

My personal favorite to beat them ALL in a grip contest: Steve Gardener :D:cool

Heslep is nowhere near Martin in the Euro two hand pinch. Both have competed on this implement more than once so we don't even have to guess.