Towel Pullups

makey98

I tried these yesterday with some cheap bath towels that I bought. It ends up being around 3 or 4 inches thick. I thought I would be able to do these fairly well, but I could only pull myself up. I couldn't lower down and then pull-up again. They are VERY tough for me. Anyone else try these or have any success with them? I did do them outside and I had boots and coveralls on which has to be another 5-10 lbs, but still......

Edited by makey98

never done them before. gonna go outside and try some now. hope theres not to many freak neighbours watching me. editing this with results soon :D

managed to do 10 of them. i usually do like 10-15 pullups . really liked doing them with towels tho. gonna start doing that more often :)

Edited by Yersinia

never done them before. gonna go outside and try some now. hope theres not to many freak neighbours watching me. editing this with results soon :D

managed to do 10 of them. i usually do like 10-15 pullups . really liked doing them with towels tho. gonna start doing that more often :)

When I used to do them I could do over 20...

Well yesterday after my gripper workout I was able to get 5 good ones. That makes me feel a little better, I must have just not been warmed up well enough. It is pretty cold here (Chicago). I think these could really build some crushing/supporting strength and endurance....

I like these too. I'll often do a couple of sets of regular pull ups followed by towel pull ups. Towel hammer curls are good too.

Why on earth do I pay so much money for a gym membership, when all I need is an oly bar, some plates and a towell? :)