Show Of Hands 2

EricMilfeld

Booyah almost broke out in tears when I informed him I wouldn't be hosting a contest this year. As a result, I'm having second thoughts. Who all would be interested in a grip contest in Ft. Worth, probably sometime in April? I'd like to include bending, Euro pinch, a double overhand 2" axle deadlift, and maybe one more event.

Count me in :D:rock

Nailzilla is probably a go also :calm:D

Had a great time competing last year. Really looking forward to this. Stars Align!!!

I should be able to make it next April Eric. I would love to finally get down there. Plus, maybe I could get the 50th spot on the Euro Pinch if I'm lucky. :tongue Count me in!

A contest in April, I should be able to make that.

As for another event maybe grippers?

I would love to come.

2 problems though.

New job = No Vacation. I might be able to work my way around this. small chance.

I'm weaker than ever. Laid off after SOH 1 due to shoulders and I'm stuck in a rut.

I would love to come.

2 problems though.

New job = No Vacation. I might be able to work my way around this. small chance.

I'm weaker than ever. Laid off after SOH 1 due to shoulders and I'm stuck in a rut.

Jason

Today is the first chance you'll have to get started back again - rehab those shoulders and get back in shape - doesn't matter where you are today - just where you're going.

What would it take to get you down here for the contest Chris?

Man I would love to come to this, just to get back to my home state. But, our wedding is first week in May and I think I might get slaughtered by Heidi if I were to go. I'll have to see if I can get away as we get closer to it.

- Aaron

Man I would love to come to this, just to get back to my home state. But, our wedding is first week in May and I think I might get slaughtered by Heidi if I were to go. I'll have to see if I can get away as we get closer to it.

- Aaron

Your a Texan? That must be why your so strong < <

Ide like to come just for the learning experience, no clue if I could right now though, money, time, and school will be the decideing factor. Well half to see.

Edited by JoeGrip

Your a Texan? That must be why your so strong < <

Yea, I grew up in the Houston area. Moved out to Arizona at 14. Must be something in the water :whistel;)

- Aaron

If it somehow ended up in late May, I could prob make it. I'll be road tripping around the mid west after graduation, so mabye I'll get lucky...

I may be able to come. I would really like to, but something may come up (probably not though).

As for another event, how about something a little less standard:

Weaver stick lift

2 3/8" PVC tug of war :D......this is real fun

One handed RT hang for time

But if none of those could work, or whatever may be the case I think grippers would be a good event.

Looking foreward to this!

I may be able to come. I would really like to, but something may come up (probably not though).

As for another event, how about something a little less standard:

Weaver stick lift

2 3/8" PVC tug of war :D......this is real fun

One handed RT hang for time

But if none of those could work, or whatever may be the case I think grippers would be a good event.

Looking foreward to this!

The tug of war does sound like FUN!

Forgot to add that I would vote for the grippers if you're letting us vote, Eric. Bunch of ways to spice up the gripper event if you wanted to: inverted MMS closes only, 2 and 3 finger TNS closes, gripper medleys, inverted gripper medleys. It would also be very cool to have the Euro grippers contested if that was possible, since the Euro Pinch is already being contested by us Americans. Some of the Americans would rewrite the Euro Gripper list a bit.

Forgot to add that I would vote for the grippers if you're letting us vote, Eric. Bunch of ways to spice up the gripper event if you wanted to: inverted MMS closes only, 2 and 3 finger TNS closes, gripper medleys, inverted gripper medleys. It would also be very cool to have the Euro grippers contested if that was possible, since the Euro Pinch is already being contested by us Americans. Some of the Americans would rewrite the Euro Gripper list a bit.

Attemps are being made by me, Greg and Dave Morton to bring the Euro-calibration of grippers within the framework of their new gripper calibrator device. I am getting one myself and I will cross check the results by sending euro grippers to Greg.

The Euro calibration will still take into consideration characteristics such as torque curve and knurling, both of which play an important role in the degree of difficulty of closing a gripper.

Eric has helped me with calibration of steel bars in the past and I have more bars I would like to have calibrated by him. In return I am more than willing to lend you guys a couple of Euro grippers for the competition (that have been used in the European championship, Oz championship and many LGC competitions).

In return I am more than willing to lend you guys a couple of Euro grippers for the competition (that have been used in the European championship, Oz championship and many LGC competitions).

Wow! I surely appreciate the offer, Mikael! Lord knows my gripper collection is pathetically small.

Eric,

I may be interested in this contest...I need to get back to Texas...have family that I need to visit...that I have not seen in a while. Events wise...I am game for anything...I just like to compete and be around my grip buds :rock

Chad

Eric,

I may be interested in this contest...I need to get back to Texas...have family that I need to visit...that I have not seen in a while. Events wise...I am game for anything...I just like to compete and be around my grip buds :rock

Chad

That would be great if you could make it!

What do you guys think about contesting card tearing as a fourth event? The one to tear the most cards would win. It could be tearing, grippers, v-bar, or even double overhand bending if you guys like.

By the way, I'm leaning towards requiring a reverse technique for the bending this time around for the one bending event we're definitely going to contest. What do you guys think?

Also, do any of the Saturdays in April not work for anyone?

Hi Eric, I like the idea of contesting the Reverse kink :rock This is how I started and I just like it :D I would also like to see the Magnificient Bastard/Bastards have the opportunity to break his/their PRs as well as myself and you and all others break their PRs in an adrenaline rushed competition. :rock I would also like the DU contested as well for the same reason :rock

We could do this in small groups for time management and the benders could bend whatever they want and any order they want. 3 bends max each style. Why am I so Happy with this :blink:rock:D:calm

P.S.You asked :D

Edited by Booyah!!!

Hi Eric, I like the idea of contesting the Reverse kink :rock This is how I started and I just like it :D I would also like to see the Magnificient Bastard/Bastards have the opportunity to break his/their PRs as well as myself and you and all others break their PRs in an adrenaline rushed competition. :rock I would also like the DU contested as well for the same reason :rock

We could do this in small groups for time management and the benders could bend whatever they want and any order they want. 3 bends max each style. Why am I so Happy with this :blink:rock:D:calm

Mike, are suggesting contesting DO bending in addition to reverse grip, or simply doing some certs or whatever DO style between or after other contest events?

I think card tearing would be an awesome fourth event!

So if cards is the fourth event it would be:

Bending

Euro pinch

2" DO deadlift

Cards

Or am I confused?

I'm a DU bender and cannot bend worth a darn in any other style. Current PR is a blue nail DU all the way, but I hope to have that up to at least G5 by April.

If reverse bending is contested I think I will have to pass on this contest and get stronger for the next one. :cry

Mike, are suggesting contesting DO bending in addition to reverse grip, or simply doing some certs or whatever DO style between or after other contest events?

Hi Eric, I was suggesting all 3 styles be contested during the bending session. Maximum of 3 bends each style in small groups and in whaever order the contestant wants. It seems there would be ample rest between bends while the other small team/teams are bending.

But the most important thing to me is meeting everyone :rock:D