David Horne Reverse Bend Cert

John Beatty

David took down the 1/4" x 7" FBBC square very quickly. Excellent bend & will be up on the cert board soon. Congrats, David!

Where is this reverse bend cert at? FBBC? Is there a separateb set of rules?

Nice bend David!!! Wish you the best on your shoulder surgery and a speedy recovery!!!! Come back and start knocking down some big steel!!!

Awesome!!

Way to put the Hornes to it!

Congrats, David! Hope your surgery won't stop your progress for too long!

Thanks John, I look forward to moving up the list a little. Firstly I'll get this square stock done.

Guys, thanks for your comments, training is going so well, even with the shoulder. So hopefully after the surgery has healed, I 'll come back even better. Still will probably keep away from Bench Press, haven't done them for over a year and not missed them. Inclines seem to feel nicer to train on.

We'll see,

David

Very nice, David! STRONG wrists!

I'm giving consideration to starting a whole new set of cert lists for bending. We may soon have a DO, DU, and Reverse page (and an overall) for FBBC Certs. I'll do more work on it mid Jan after Strong issue 4 is out & the Christmas rush slows down for FBBC. I'm a little busy right now, but I think the separate cert pages will encourage more people to try different forms of bending. Any feedback?

I too thinks a great idea, John!

I'm giving consideration to starting a whole new set of cert lists for bending. We may soon have a DO, DU, and Reverse page (and an overall) for FBBC Certs. I'll do more work on it mid Jan after Strong issue 4 is out & the Christmas rush slows down for FBBC. I'm a little busy right now, but I think the separate cert pages will encourage more people to try different forms of bending. Any feedback?

good stuff John........this board is going to get powerful :blink beyond what it is already :rock

Edited by burner

Great idea John! Some of us bend with all 3 styles (DO, DU, and Reverse) and would like to see how we compare to the others.

Also it would be cool to have a Combined Best Bender cert list. Add the best DO, DU, and Reverse together to see who is the best all around bender. Nice bragging rights there. :cool

Great idea John! Some of us bend with all 3 styles (DO, DU, and Reverse) and would like to see how we compare to the others.

Also it would be cool to have a Combined Best Bender cert list. Add the best DO, DU, and Reverse together to see who is the best all around bender. Nice bragging rights there. :cool

Great post Ben

Maybe after all the lists are up for a year, I'll do a top 100 list with a combined score. Your ranking on each board added together & total points type thing. (ie you're #20 on DO, #28 on DU, #100 on reverse gives you a 148 score. Low score to high score ranking. Maybe a Fat Bastard prize package to be awarded Jan of 2008 when the ranking is complete.

I think we'll use the all time lists, will save me time & effort of recalculating every year. I'll do a new top 100 list every year.

On DU & Reverse - will we need to start the cert list with easier stock? Is a grade 5 too tough?

Edited by John Beatty

Maybe after all the lists are up for a year, I'll do a top 100 list with a combined score. Your ranking on each board added together & total points type thing. (ie you're #20 on DO, #28 on DU, #100 on reverse gives you a 148 score. Low score to high score ranking. Maybe a Fat Bastard prize package to be awarded Jan of 2008 when the ranking is complete.

This is very cool. I was racking my brain on a way to meaningfully combine the lists and this is such a great answer.

...Add the best DO, DU, and Reverse together to see who is the best all around bender. Nice bragging rights there. :cool

Strictly speaking this could only be determined in a proper bending competition. It would give a good indication though.

Being the strongest does not always equal being the best. I could probably beat stronger but (competition-wise) inexperienced grip guys in an allround grip competition with its limited number of attempts etc.

Being the strongest does not always equal being the best

how bout pound for pound ;);););)

besides pat, of course :whistel