The Bending E-book

gerryg

Anything the diesel crew puts out is always full of thought and effort so i would give it a big thumbs up before i even saw it just on past stuff they,ve done.

Well thanks, now I have to buy something else. I forgot they made it and I'll prolly end up getting it just for the little things. I'm a decent bender, but only been doing it a year and there's no telling what I could use from this.

i just bought this. i'm just getting back into bending and, don't laugh, but am stuck at 1/4 x 7" HRS i bought at lowes. i really dont' understand the problem. i can mow through 3/16 x 5" square HRS and spiral nails cut to 5" with no problem. can't be any worse than the money i just wasted on the 3/16 square stock that puts up less resistance than than a COC #0.

i just bought this. i'm just getting back into bending and, don't laugh, but am stuck at 1/4 x 7" HRS i bought at lowes. i really dont' understand the problem. i can mow through 3/16 x 5" square HRS and spiral nails cut to 5" with no problem. can't be any worse than the money i just wasted on the 3/16 square stock that puts up less resistance than than a COC #0.

I am the same way. I can kill the 3/16' square at any length. The spiral nails are cake, but I can barely kink the HRS. You might try 3/8 aluminum if you can find it. It is tough for me and I am hoping that will push me past this. I cant bend a grade 2 hex. Are they harder than the HRS?

I am the same way. I can kill the 3/16' square at any length. The spiral nails are cake, but I can barely kink the HRS. You might try 3/8 aluminum if you can find it. It is tough for me and I am hoping that will push me past this. I cant bend a grade 2 hex. Are they harder than the HRS?

its tough. the real kicker is that i did this bend in the past, but hurt my hands the next workout and am just now getting back to where i left off. still waiting for the serial number, but i'll let you know how the system turns out for me.

just to clear up some confusion, it was Eric's Maximized Bending that i ordered and will report progress from. may get this one too in the future. would like to hear some feedback on it though. cheers.

Does anyone know if you can print this E-book? I have ordered some other e-books and you couldn't print them. I understand the principle behind not being able to print it, but I really don't like it..... I am talking about Jedd's e-book....

Edited by makey98

• 6 months later...

i have it and i think its really good especially if you are newish to the sport

i have it and i think its really good especially if you are newish to the sport

What was your PR before and after buying the book?

well since ive had the book (6 weeks?) my red nial time has come down from 7 mins to about a minute, similar times for a bastard. im not saying this is entirely down to the book, its not. i have got a tremendous amoutn of help from this site

i am waiting for an fbbc order and i expect to take out a hex in short order and a shiny within a month, maybe sooner

• 3 weeks later...

I now own Jedd's bending e-book, this thing is packed with info! I have alot of reading ahead of me! A question for the people that already own it, do I have enter the password everytime I read it or is there a way to loop around it?

In response to you guys being stuck on the 1/4 HRS from lowes, the HRS from lowes is not really hot rolled steel. It's more like mild cold rolled steel. Real hot rolled steel is quite noticably easier than this stuff and must be bought at a steel supplier.

1/4 brass may be another option. Also, not all G2 hex bolts are the same. HKT ones tend to be noticably harder in my experience and BL ones tend to be about the easiest. Timber ties are the same way. If they happen to be those Chinese griprites timber ties then some of those are crazy easy. My 7 year old son has some he brace bends. Good timber ties calibrats around 195 to 205 lbs but these are probably less than 100.

I'd get some real hot rolled 1/4 inch steel and try it at different lengths. If you can kill 3/16 square than I bet you can get it at least at the 7 inch length.

It WILL come as you work at it.

Keep all your PR bends by the way. One day you'll want to look back on some of those early bends like I do. They're some of the most memorable.

Tim

I just noticed to you said 3/16 inch HRS. Maybe try 3/16 square CRS as an option too. Usually the cold rolled is tougher.

Do the timber ties you cut to 5 inches make a really wide "U" bend?

Tim