Big ? About Im Cert...

THOR

I was wondering if anyone out there new the official rules about the IM pads and the the use of them. I know they have to be used to do a red cert, the question is can they be cut into three strips along thier creases. Kind of like haveing three long pieces of material, it would be alot like using the leather wraps, or does it have to be folded up??? :whacked:mellow:whacked

Thanks Thor

DAM... Does anyone else have any ideas or know someone who knows anything about the specifics of that rule?? I just read thier home page and it didnt say that I COULDN'T cut them but I just want to be sure.

DAM... Does anyone else have any ideas or know someone who knows anything about the specifics of that rule?? I just read thier home page and it didnt say that I COULDN'T cut them but I just want to be sure.

Hey THOR I'm pretty sure I brought this up some months ago and the response was that you indeed could not cut the pads or otherwise alter them. Crazy old me actually wanted to cert with ½" pads.

Not sure how much you've used the IM pads, but once they are seasoned well, I've not had any problem rolling them tight on a nail, even folded. For me the key was to saturate them in chalk, then crumple the pads up over and over. They become pliable and fold into 3rds much better. You can really work the crease in by leaving the seasoned pads folded between two weight plates overnight.

Another trick is to fold maybe an inch of the pad over the nail before you start rolling the pads up. Tuck it around the nail real tight, then roll, pulling on the pads along the way. I find I can get a very tight wrap doing this with well chalked pads, regardless of the fact that they are folded.

i hate the IM pads . i never roll them good enough. and their so thin :(

Thanks everyone for the advice ;) . we'll see how it goes and thanks for the indepth advice scott ill really try those ideas ;);)