Grip machines

dyoder16

I'm thinking of buying the gripinator in the next two or three months and I was looking for expert opinions.  Is it the best on the market for training for the COC's?  What extras would be the most useful if I were to buy it?

I already have a plate loaded unit from New York barbell.   :hehe

I have the Gripanator and it is deluxe!!! I also have an Ironmind plate loaded gripper and while itself is a good machine, it's an antique compared to the Gripanator.

The Gripanator is a TANK! very smooth in operation and strict isolation on your hands. Like I said; solid as a Tank.

Have you read PDA's information on the G? also Wannagrips' review?

I am not an expert, even though I have most of the options built in to it, you have to decide how much $$$ you want to spend.

I would at the very least get the armrest pad, and most definitely the Beyond the Range Handle. I have the drilled feet option but have not found it necessary to bolt it down yet. I opted for the standard 1 inch loading pin, because I can use olympic and standard plates.

Hope this helps you out. If you want any more detailed opinions, I will give you a PM.

I was thinking of also getting the negative assist arm.  I've got a few more months of putting change in the jar before I have to decide for sure.

Thanks for the input. :)

I am also planning to buy a grippinator in a few months. But first I am going to focus on strap holds for a while and master the #2, before I change my workouts.

I would think that a grippinator might be the best way to train crushing strength, but are strapholds the best way to learn to close a heavier gripper ?

Robert

I am just breaking ground on the strapholds myself. I am however influenced by the info given by the COCs on the board, that straps are a great movement to use. So by all means do them!

I have the negative assist arm, and my training is almost exclusively the last 1/4" of the close.    I did some full range closes on it, but the I think I'm getting more out of the partial range movement.  I wish I had got the extreme Range Included Angle Adjustment so I could work from  various distances in.  I'm not sure if I can add that now.  I do my grippers first, then the Gripinator, the other way around I'd be a mess on the grippers.  One thing I don't do it assist with my shoulder the way Wannagrip used to do with the Atlas.  I tried this but felt that if I couldn't move the weight on my own for 1/4" then the negative would not be very strict.  This makes sense to do on the Atlas, but not on the Gripinator with the assist arm.

Tom,

Maybe you can give John S. a call and ask him about the negative assist arm trigger. It will be a bolt on mechanism that keeps the NAA in place untill you want to release it.

The trigger should allow you to keep your load in place rep after rep in your 1/4 inch position. This will help with not having to reposition your load and NAA on each rep.

The ERIAA does this as well but it it's range gives just a 1/2 inch position at it's max position before close. To have the ERIAA your G would have to be drilled and tapped to accept a threaded stop cushion with a 3/4 course thread bolt. This is just general info I'm giving you based on my G.

The NAA Trigger is still being worked out the last time I communicated with John though.

Who sells the gripinator aand do you guys think it is better thatn the G-rex? Where can I get more info. on the gripinator?

Go to   www.fractionalplates.com

I have never used a G-REX. So I can not say. I will say, Richard Sorin puts out high quality equipment that will get the job done!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 103-1023791186

I ordered aGripinator LX,6 weeks ago.still waiting for it,anyway

to the guys  who have one,do you use it as an elternative to

the grippers,or as well as,and also will it be worth the wait.