Question For Those Of You Who Are Closing In And/or Working On The #4.

heatwave13

How is the progress coming along? How is the motivation and how does it compare with when you were moving towards the #3? What adjustments have you had to make in training for the #4?

How is the progress coming along? How is the motivation and how does it compare with when you were moving towards the #3? What adjustments have you had to make in training for the #4?

Not bad. Could be better, but then again everything could be.

I have more motiavtion than when i was training for the #3 over the summer.

More severe negatives, more workouts, longer workouts, more volume and a lot more recovery work for the hands. I also never used chokers to get to the #3, but i am using chokers regularly to work towards the #4.

Hope that explains it well, ask if you want to know anything else. :cool

hitting pr's everytime i train, so id say progress is good, but its never good enough, i always want to do better

i feel i have as much motivation to close #4 as anybody on the planet, i MUST close it, there is no other way

as soon as i started training i set a goal to close #4, so its always been towards that, but my training has evolved somewhat, im now starting doing pinch, training my wrists, using thickbar etc not just grippers an weights like it was originally

ive always thought i would close #4, an even rep it, now that i have #4, i feel no different - i am not at all in awe of the legacy it has, to me, its just another gripper

How close are you to closing the #4 @ credit Card Width, Viper?

i have not really gave it a proper attempt yet, only once when my grip was knackered from training - i got it to about an inch away with a wider than ccs set straight out of the package (spread is 2 7/8 an mount is sub flush)

its the 3.5 im going for right now - will post vid when i get it