Imtug Question

heatwave13

This is somewhat related to my other thread in the training section. My question is this.....are the IMTUGs good for bridging the gap between grippers? For example, right now I can comfortably close the #2 and I can get the #3 handles to parallel, so would an IMTUG (maybe the #5?) be good for working my way up......or would I be better off getting a 2.5 COC? Pinching is a relative weakness for me (as are my thumbs) which leads me to believe that an IMTUG would be good for me. Am I on track here with my thinking?

Get a 2.5, those TUG things aren't even close to the same thing as a normal gripper. Or rather than drop another $30 just do reps on the #2. If your pinching is weak do some pinching. Ironmind needs to get rid of those little things, seriously. Worst gripper ever.

Aww I don't think they're that bad but to re-phrase what I said in the last post, closing grippers will get you stronger on closing grippers in this case.

• 2 weeks later...

The tugs are great for working on the first two or last two fingers.

The pinky and ring fingers are where most are weak finger wise.

The tugs are great for working on the first two or last two fingers.

The pinky and ring fingers are where most are weak finger wise.

That is what I decided also. I traded away my more difficult ones, and kept the 1, 2, and 3. I really only use them for the pinky, and to a lesser extent the ring finger.

I own the Tug#4,#5,and #6. I use the Tug#4 for working my pinky and ring finger and the other two I do not use much. The Tug#6 is to tough for any kind of work, for me anyways. :blush

I own the Tug#4,#5,and #6. I use the Tug#4 for working my pinky and ring finger and the other two I do not use much. The Tug#6 is to tough for any kind of work, for me anyways. :blush

I'm thinking of oredring a TUG for use with training my thumb and do singles with it. I have a quite weak pinch grip. I'm a #2 closer (a good day ;) ).

Could the TUG3 be ok or is it to easy/heavy you think?

I'm thinking of oredring a TUG for use with training my thumb and do singles with it. I have a quite weak pinch grip. I'm a #2 closer (a good day ;) ).

My advice to you is go to your local Home Depot and buy a pony clamp for about $3, a very good tool for training your thumb.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCar...9603+1165877467

Also, Scott Styles had a very good idea here....

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...=si&img=923

My advice to you is go to your local Home Depot and buy a pony clamp for about $3, a very good tool for training your thumb.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCar...9603+1165877467

Also, Scott Styles had a very good idea here....

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...=si&img=923

Thanks!